Walking down the aisle

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jupitershana, Sep 13, 2007.

1. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Wow, I don't think I sat down for more than 5 minutes this weekend!

First the bad news: On Thursday my maid of honor called me and backed out of the wedding due to financial reasons. Apparently flying to see a guy she's only know for 6 months every 2-3 weeks is more important than a friendship, so she has no money. 7 weeks to the wedding...thanks. Got that all figured out though. Best friend Robin who was a bridesmaid but doing all the work of the Maid of Honor duties is officially the Maid of Honor now. My other friend who was going to do our readings has agreed to be a bridesmaid. She will be wearing Robin's old dress and we found a new dress for Robin...more further down on that.

Now for all the good, productive stuff, we got done this weekend.

Friday: Mom and I got together and addressed envelopes and numbered the RSVPs so we know who is whos if they come back without a name on it.

Saturday: Breakfast in the morning with the family, then we went to the post office to weigh the invites and get stamps! After that it was off to the reception/ceremony location to meet with the coordinator. We got everything figured out including the time line, decorations, food, preliminary headcount...everything done! Brandon even came with, he hasn't been able to do a whole lot of wedding stuff because of full time school and full time work so that was nice to have him there and get his opinion on things.

After the reception meeting, Mom and I met up with Robin. We went to the Mall of America and ended up at Nordstrom's Rack about 20 minutes after we got there. The other girls are wearing an Alfred Angelo cornflower blue separates (separate top and bottom) dress. We ended up finding a separates dress in almost the same color and there was only one dress there but it was in the Robin's size! And it was only $43! You could honestly probably switch the top of the new dress with the top of the old and I don't think anyone would notice, it's that close in color. We are still amazed by that! After dinner I got home and worked on printing invites/insert cards/stuffing envelopes from 7pm-2:30am!

Sunday: Our premarital counseling was canceled due to a family emergency by our minister, so I finished up the invites.

Shower was at 2:00 and it was a blast! I asked for no gifts and we just played some really fun games: Bridal Bingo, No saying the word wedding, Toilet Paper dress competition, and when Brandon stopped by they had us race to put on 6 items of clothing while blindfolded (honeymoon game). Brandon won, but he looked so funny! Pink nightgown and blue bra over it with one pink sock. It was great! Just ask SBW or Sacharissa, they were both there and I'm sure they were laughing their heads off at us as well.

Tonight I wrote out all the thank yous for the shower and mailed them. We also put our invites in the mail before Brandon left for work! I'm so excited! Looking forward to getting back all the RSVPs!

It was a great weekend, but man am I exhausted!

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Yes, the shower was a lot of fun: thank you for inviting us! Witch Baby had a good time too though she was a little disappointed that her bridal gown creation didn't win--not surprised, though, the winning creation was pretty spectacular. Robin was a good sport, being our model. Sacharissa and I were permitted to hold toilet paper in place while the couture master worked. :rolleyes:

She loves her snowmen, though (won them as a door prize).

The food was good, too! I had more cake than I needed cuz it was so yummy. :eek:

3. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

That sounds like so much fun! Aww, I wish I was there.

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Shana, we need to setup a live webcam feed so people can participate in your wedding via the internet :D

5. jupitershana

LOL

As Sach said at the shower, "This is my first forum wedding!" BTW: she gave me the cutest card with pictures of two of her most famous sims kissing on the outside and the instead mentioned both pleasantview and nightlife! I LOVED it!

And SBW, sorry witchbaby was disapointed. I was glad she ended up winning a door prize though! The snowman she won are so cute!

6. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

I have pictures! Who will pay me to post them??? :D

Oh - and glad you liked the card, Shana! I had a lot of fun making it for you!

7. jupitershana

How much do you want for them? Seriously, post away! I haven't seen any yet, they have to be funny!

8. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Tell Brandon we agreed that he was a very good sport. Not many men have the self confidence to put on a bra in front of 25 women. :p

As for WB being disappointed, it's OK. She hates to lose at anything. We're working on that. She had a very good time at the party. She's still trying to think of names for her new snowman friends.

9. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

Here we go , walking down the isle. :D:D:D:D:)

10. MurderScene.Doll

MurderScene.Doll Tamara </3

im a brides maid in a wedding along with my twin sister,

i have to dance with this guy thats thinks i like him thanks to my drunk auntie and mum (very embarresing night, i stayed outside the whole party lol!)

but it should be fun seeing a wedding from a different point of view

11. jupitershana

one month! one month! one month! :D

12. alliekat

alliekat Insert quirky comment

Woohoo!!! It's so exciting!! You getting nervous yet or are you still to busy to sit and think about it yet?

13. jupitershana

Actually I'm sitting here trying to figure out what I have left to do. I've come up with a list that's only about 10 things long. And most of those have appointments set already. The only real projects I can work on right now are writing our vows, and the wedding programs, but I don't really need to worry about the programs until the week before the wedding.

Otherwise...
    Dress fitting 1/5/08
    Apply for marriage license: 1/7/08 Pick it up: 1/14/08
    Final meeting with photographer: 1/13/08
    Work Bridal Shower: 1/15/08
    Hair and makeup trials, bachelorette party, and my birthday(!:( 1/19/08
    Final meeting with caterer and reception hall: 1/21 (need final guest count by then)
    Hair cut and highlighted: 1/24/08
    Order food for rehersal dinner: 1/24/08
    Decorate Hall/Rehersal and dinner: 1/25/08
    Get Married! 1/26/08
    Leave for Honeymoon! 1/27/08

Meet with DJ at some point, phone message left for him.
    Final premarital counseling meeting, phone message left for him.

Hard to believe that one month from today I'll be a married woman and on my way to my honeymoon!

edit: and I don't know what's going on with my ticker. I've tried to correct it several times but I think something is wrong from their side of things.

14. muffin-tacos

Oh. My. God. Shana, you're getting married in A MONTH!!!!!!!! Eeek!!

*me runs around the room squealing with excitement*

15. jupitershana

*giggles and squeals with muffin* hehe...there you go getting me all excited again! :p but EEEEKKK!!! You're right! Less than one month now!!!!

Edit: Forgot to add my story!

So I'm going through a company that actually contracts their DJs, so basically it's a bunch of smaller DJ companies that work under a large umbrella. We filled out a questionaire on what kind of personality we're looking for. We do want an outgoing DJ, but classy at the same time.

I found out who was supposed to be my DJ today, a guy named Dave. I called and left him a message.

He called back later and when I picked up this phone this is what I got:

"Hello, this is Shana."

Cheesy announcer DJ voice (all in caps because he was seriously yelling over the phone) "HEEELLLLOOOO!!!!!! THIS IS DYYYNNNNO DAAAVVVVE! I JUST WANTED TO RETURN YOUR PHONE CALL TO LET YOU KNOW THAT DYYYYNNNNNOOO DAAAAVVVVE AND HIS LOVELY ASSISTANT THE SNNNAAAAKKKEEE LADY WILL BE AT YOUR WEDDING!"

"umm...*giggle* okay, did you say Dyno Dave?"

"YES I DID! THAT'S MY NAME, AND MY ASSISTANT GOES BY THE NAME OF THE SNAKE LADY!"

I'll spare you the rest of the conversation (it was short) but he kept referring to himself in third person as "DYYNNNOOOO DAAAVVVEEEE!" I got off that phone call and kind of just stared at the phone in my hand for a minute giggling and just in overall shock!

Needless to say I've called our company back and relayed the converstation with them to which the lady said, "oh my..." They are reassigning me a new DJ.

But hey, made me laugh for quite a while!

16. muffin-tacos

:rotfl:!!! Dyono Dave. :D

17. jupitershana

OMG! 10 days!?! :eek:

Update on the DJ situation. We had a second one asssigned to us. We were supposed to meet with him this weekend on Sunday at 11. Seemed very nice and well put together over the phone. He never showed. Called the DJ manager back. He's going to be our DJ now to make sure that nothing else happens! Whew...meeting with him tonight.

Had my work bridal shower yesterday. That was very nice of them to do that. And WAY too much food.

Dress is being altered, should be done this Sunday. Bachelorette party (and my birthday!) is this Saturday night. I'm looking forward to that. Then next week is the big kick off for getting ready! OMG! I still can't believe it's almost here!

18. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

*sends Shana a umm... x-rated male dancer to Shana's party :p*

just kiddin :D

19. jupitershana

LOL *tells the x-rated male dancer to go dance somewhere else and sends him back to Josh (hehe)*

Nope, none of that for me, thanks! Actually it's going to be very low key. We're going to eat at my favorite resturant and then back to my MoH's place for some fruity girly drinks and just chilling there for the rest of the night. Nice and low key. Brandon is having his the same day. Dinner, Comedy Club (jealous!), Bowling (I might suggest this to the girls), and then of course a strip club (boys will be boys).

20. alliekat

alliekat Insert quirky comment

Yay Shana only 7 days left! How exciting! I hope your hens night was fantastic! That was the only problem with doing a surprise, no hens night, but my MoH is organising a belated one for me.

Yes boys will be boys. I honestly don't see the appeal of strippers, but obviously I'm not a bloke so I wouldn't :D.