Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surprised_by_witches, Oct 11, 2007.

1. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

ME TOO!!!! Oh wait...no...no...I forget I have to work. :(

I do get off work at 4:30 though and plan on doing some Dance Dance Revolution when I get home. LOL, yes, you heard me right. DDR. I bought it for exercise purposes because I have a hard time motivating myself to get on our darn eliptical machine.

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Is that better exercise than the Wii? We've been debating which to get.

3. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Well you can get Dance Dance Revolution for the Wii. (it's just a game)

We happened to buy it for the xbox360 because the graphics are slightly better on that and you don't need the remote for the game anyway. But overall I would suggest the Wii. Way more fun than the other systems in my opinion.

4. surprised_by_witches

Oh, OK. I saw DDR at Target and thought it was just a self-contained game. Good to know. I really want a Wii but it looks like they're still pretty scarce. Trying to talk hubby into getting one now, before the Xmas rush.

Thanks for the info!

5. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Tonight is going to be interesting... Several co-workers are having a party for me and someone else for our birthday. They're keeping me in the dark to what they've planned, so I'm a little nervious as it's going to take place at a club. :\

6. surprised_by_witches

Well, don't do anything I wouldn't do ... which actually gives you a lot of freedom. :D

7. Lynet

Lynet New Member

A random thought here...

Since I'm on the road a lot these days, often inching along in slow traffic, I've been amused by the audience of birds. They fly in early and line up in rows on the wires running high across the road, or on the long arm of the street lamp stretched overhead. They sit about one wingspan apart, all facing in the same direction--toward the oncoming traffic.

I always smile. If anything at all is going on inside those little heads, it's got to be curiosity about the silly creatures creeping along through a two-dimensional world. ;)

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Gosh, Lynet, that's a deep thought. I never really thought about being a two dimensional creature before. Who'd have thought that birds' brains could think such deeply philosophical thoughts. ;) When I was on the road I was always thrilled to sight a bird of prey ... kites hovering over a hedgerow, head down and scanning for dinner and once, magically I had a barn owl flying parallel to me for a few hundred yards. Halfway it turned its head to look directly at me. I wasn't sure if it was checking me out for threat assessment or just annoyed with my light pollution and willing me to overtake. Reluctantly -- and the road ahead was clear -- I put my foot down and left Wol to his nocturnal supper run.

I also once saw a penguin standing on the Armco crash barrier of the central reservation of the M1. It was 4am. Sleep deprivation hallucinations are funny in retrospect but they can scare the living willies out ya. :eek:

9. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Actually, I think the birds are laughing.

A penguin? That's an impressive hallucination. It would definitely get my knees to shaking. I have occasionally seen what looks like a hawk sitting on streetlamps watching the traffic.

What scares me about driving long distance on the highways is the hypnotic effect of aiming for that unreachable distant point where all lines converge. :knockedout:

I recall one late night of driving on a straight road in a lazy snowstorm--lazy in that the snow was coming straight down (no wind.) But the snowfall was heavy. My headlights focused on one small area in front of me, and because I was moving through it, the snow blew directly into my windshield in a kind of swirling pattern, rather like the Sims therapist's hypnotic wheel. I kept repeating to myself that I had to get off the road and find a motel as soon as possible, before I forgot my own name. :eek:

10. Rosiewosie

Rosiewosie Seth's mommy

Same here. But I think I'll wait until my birthday :p My birthday is on Feb 10, ChEeTaH's is on Feb 18. So we're planning on asking for a Wii -together- :p My budget doesn't allow me to get one (yet).

11. MurderScene.Doll

MurderScene.Doll Tamara </3

i spent my birthday money on star trek dvd's haha

oh and one day my teacher randomly came into class and talked with a student about how im a trekkie, kinda strange:confused: