Spore At your command!

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by kingofthenet, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Sim Guy

Sim Guy New Member

wat do u do in this game? Howcome I hear posts about creatures, I don't really get it :indifferent:

2. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

3. Sim Guy

Sim Guy New Member

is this game for consoles or PC?

4. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

It's for PC.

Heat

5. Nick402

Nick402 New Member

Ok....I know the expected release date is 2006, but do they know when in 2006? Early, late, middle?

6. ConradSims2

ConradSims2 New Member

The brilliant Heat informed us it should be Q1 of 2006 ---

January to March.

But I expect it out later in 2006. I just think Maxis needs to polish the product even better than Sims 2 before they release it!

Imagine how many bugs they have to fix!

Ok, but back to the topic....

Heat, why don't you inform us what we know so far? You seem to be the expert? :)

7. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Early Middle...(Not 100% sure, but pretty,lol)...

I prefer to inform you of what you don't know, just ask whatever comes in your mind and i'll be happy to answer (if i know the answer)

Heat

8. Sim Guy

Sim Guy New Member

will u need a really good graphic card to play this game :indifferent:

9. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

I guess so, i think it will be really close to the sims 2 reqs....

Heat

10. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

The graphics look cartoony though.. I'm wondering myself now..

11. Nick402

Nick402 New Member

Can our creatures have more than one head?

12. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

More than 50...

Heat

13. Nick402

Nick402 New Member

Really? Does that mean with all those yes they can detect enemies more?

14. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Never said something about using them :laughing2:

Heat

15. Aphid

Aphid New Member

They'll delay it. And if they don't, they'll at least be delaying it for Eurabians/Asia-Pacificans. Probably.

Anywho my question: Do you think they'll be making Expansion Packs for it?

16. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

With Maxis being the designer I think you could take a swing at it and hit a grand slam... (if your a little slow the answer is yes..)

17. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

They Will be making Eps for spore, that's for sure, but let me tell you onw thing that i think is right :spin: : The Eps won't be that nessecery since the game is unlimited..The only things that can be added in the EPs is custom content, which can be downloaded easily and legaly from the EA server, the only monopoly with the EPs is when they decide to add AI (Artefical Intellegence) maybe :indifferent:

Heat

18. ConradSims2

ConradSims2 New Member

Will there be a cost involved in downloading/sharing custom content?

19. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

No, Since youll probably download something like 500 Creatures without noticing....lol....No fee is taken for downloading these things....

But certain sites might start using the gamers and offering them "special packs" and let them pay :grumpy:

Heat

20. HCantu99

HCantu99 New Member

At your command!

I'm curious abut the technology side of Spore.

I was just wondering if anyone has any information concerning whether the downloading/uploading "method" to be used with Spore (which seems like a pretty central thing to the game) will be as unique and different as the game itself is. I ask this because I only just became aware of another method of file sharing, which is entirely new to me, that maximizes transfer speed by gathering pieces of the file you need and downloading these separate pieces simultaneously from people who already have them.

I've also just discovered certain University websites about research into something called procedural programming and a person's website, apparently about his designing a real-time procedural universe - or at least his efforts in that direction - making surfaces of planets, etc. This is all really new to me and exciting, but for all I know, this could be old news. I admit I don't know much about software technology.

And finally, I've only just recently discovered this apparently huge underground community of people making really tiny programs combining 3D graphics animation and music in 64K size "demos". All this seems like pretty useful stuff for a game like Spore.

Large objects taking minimal hard disk space, a new procedural whatever-it-is approach, and finally a different way of file sharing for a game practically based on it.

So I was just wondering, does anyone know if there were any connections between all this new stuff and the game, or is all this old news? Because just the existence of such a game has caused me to explore the web and discover things I never knew before - but I'm not really sure how closely related any of these things are - or if they're related at all.

I'm just fascinated! :D
    HCantu99