I really hate computers

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by LordBrain515, Oct 19, 2002.

1. LordBrain515

LordBrain515 New Member

I really hate computers

After a long period of having a non-functional computer, I have returned. I have absolutely no idea why it wasn't working...but it's all better now. I have to get use to typing again. It's been over a week since I've typed anything, although I've gone for longer....

2. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Welcome back LordBrain!!! Sorry your computer flipped out on you, glad it got mysteriously better though!! Just take it slow on the typing and you'll get the hang of it again... I get sore when I type too much after I've been away from computers for a while!! I guess my finger muscles get all "flabby" haha!

3. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Welcome back James. :classic:

I think that is your name after that Josh has said it and it's your signature as well.

I'm looking forward to get to know you too.. :classic:

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Re: I really hate computers

Glad Your Back James!! :)
    Better get started now on post catching up....lots of people passed you :p

5. timz2rules

timz2rules New Member

welcome back lordbrain!

6. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Time to close this one??

7. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

yep, although it looked like it had died out "naturally" ;)

8. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

I think we ought to create a club for people who hate computers - but can't live without them.

9. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Lol Philip. :LOL: Good idea!

10. Bryan

Bryan Member

lol...can I be the crazy dude?

11. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Lol Bryan. I think you already named yourself that . ;)

12. timz2rules

timz2rules New Member

Bryan is crazy....but then again...so is his partner in crime ;)

13. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Lol Tim.
    Heh somehow I do agree. But you are nicely crazy.. ;)

*thinks she's crazy too*

14. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

I was just about to post my comments when my computer decided that I had not been my usual cheerful self this morning and so it decided to pull the plug. It 'stuck' and I had to go out of it and back in again - twice!! Control+Alt+Delete does not work under those circumstances.
    How can you not hate the computer under such circumstances? At the same time you have to live with it - I have no alternative because I play too many games and because I type. I love typing - it is about the only thing that I do really well, except that on some occasions, I have noticed, that I do not type perfectly.
    I think a club for people who hate and also love computers would be quite popular. I would think everyone (almost) would want to be a member.

15. timz2rules

timz2rules New Member

because computers just don't work with certain things installed and running on them.... o 0 (now if only next summer i can design a repair program for the computer...and if it works...even better...)

16. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

ooh yes, you can work and learn how to make a program to solve ALL our computer troubles tim!!! ;) :D

17. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

Great idea Timz!!!

18. Droz

Droz New Member

Fae: I've found three programs that when used together, very effectively do that. I use ZoneAlarm to keep people from messing up my computer, Lavasoft Ad-Aware to get rid of them if they get in, and Norton AntiVirus to get the stuff I inadvertantly let in. That leave only the problems that I create and, luckily, they fix most of those too (mainly Norton does). Lavasoft Ad-Aware is free at www.download.com, and the others are commercially available, but if you don't feel like paying for them, they're available other ways too.

19. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

We DID have zone alarm installed and running... but when we changed operating systems to win xp pro and it turned out to have a built in firewall that messed up how we had it and we haven't figured how to reinstall it and make it run again yet... actually it's still installed on the OTHER hard drive that doesn't have the operating system on it... I've heard good things about the ad-aware program. I'll have to look into that. We've got Norton Antivirus up and running at least! ;) :D

20. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

*Nods in agreement with Droz*

We have a firewll built into the router. Then it's Norton Antivirus always running in the back plus is scheduled for a thourough search once a week, plus it notify me when there is upgrades to get. On top I can start up Zone alarm as well. I can really recommend zonealarm Fae.
    Now I also have Ab-adware too. So I do feel pretty safe. :classic:

I don't either use Outlook as mailprogram at all - it's thrown out. I use Agent Fort but I know there are other programs as well. Outlook is the most vulnerable for viruses as far as I'm told. Simply because most viruses are written to go into mail that opens by Outlook.:classic: