Spore Rating for Spore?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by ConradSims2, Mar 30, 2005.

1. ConradSims2

ConradSims2 New Member

Rating for Spore?

ESRB, I mean.

:censored: ;) :spin:

2. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

E

Eventhough it has some animal WooHoos'...lol.

Heat

3. ConradSims2

ConradSims2 New Member

I think it may just be T. But you never know. T is pretty neutral.

4. Sash

Sash New Member

Animal woohoo actually isn't enough to get it to a T.

E sounds like a better rating...it's not exactly a rude game...and the fighting is comic fighting (if you can call blowing up a planet comical).

5. Nick402

Nick402 New Member

E is my guess but AT MOST it could get a T

6. britlovessims

britlovessims New Member

Ya...thats what I think..Unless they come up with a whole new theme of the game our something.

7. Aphid

Aphid New Member

The Sims 2 got 7+ in the EU (except Portugal, where it got 6+) and this game looks a lot more... family friendly. The resident psychic predicts:

3+

Except in Slovenia, Poland and Ireland, where it'll be a little higher.

8. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

I don't think it's really matters, as it will be rated E....Because you know, a 3 years old child cannot really play this game...

Heat

9. Dumdadum

Dumdadum New Member

Well.. In PEGI terms.. I'm guessing a 7+.

It could fairly easily be a 3+ though.. there's train driving games that are a 3+.. And if toddlers could drive trains surely they must be able to rule the universe. :spin:

10. Aphid

Aphid New Member

Perhaps not, but they'll still rate it 3+ anyways :spin:

11. XPDude

XPDude New Member

They are saying that it is suitable, but 3 year-olds dont' have to play this game...

I'll say a T.

12. K.A.L.

K.A.L. Guest

I think he would censor that :grumpy:. Just like fighting in the sims 2.

13. SporeWorld

SporeWorld New Member

I think E would be a good rating for it as well. But they may add some stuff to it that would make it T so its realy I think to early to tell.

14. MrErops

MrErops New Member

I would have to say "E" or "T" mostly "E" though. :rolleyes:

15. OverlordBill

OverlordBill New Member

16. MrErops

MrErops New Member

Okay then, will go check it out. :laughing2:

17. artistvrd

artistvrd SporeMasterArti

T for Teen.

Violence
    Blood and Gore
    Crude Humor

that's my prediction

18. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

I don't know where I read or heard this (I think it was the GDC video... But I'm probably wrong.) but Will said the fighting was censored because they didn't want to get into domestic violence or anything.

The rule is, blood in a game is rated T. If, when the blood comes out, it sticks, then the game is rated M. That's almost always how it is *points at Cubivore. "One of the bloodiest E games I've seen..."*.

Spore obviously has blood in it, and I doubt they'll censor anything for two reasons. One, if they were going to censor the blood, they wouldn't have shown it at E3 or GDC. Two, if they were going to censor the blood, they should just take it out.

I put the rating at E10+ or T. It's dificult to decide between the two, since they are pretty much the same. But I guess a T game can get away with more violence and blood... Still, it's hard to tell.

19. siminem

siminem New Member

No need to quote really, but I used to play that game that shows in your avatar all the time. I give it a T.

20. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

If they censor the blood, I will loose much respect for the game. I want to be able to play this game without having little blurry things, or no blood at all. There are days which I enjoy killing digital things, IE I go on a spree on San Andreas just to relax.. And it works wonders, actually. Thats not to say I'm going to go around shreading and eating people irl, just because I enjoy doing it in Spore (as I predict I will) but that I believe it is an important detail.