Spore Herbavor or Carnavor?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by MrErops, May 21, 2005.

?

What will you make you creature be?

1. Herbavor

100.0%
  2. Carnavor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Both (If possible)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mtg mage

Mtg mage New Member

*herbivore
    *carnivore

Edit: Oh, also, both is omnivore

2. leech10

leech10 New Member

I thought he said that you won't alwyas be the top of the food chain, not that you would never be the top of the food chain.

I still don't know exactly what I will do, most likly something like what I said here:

3. Ciessa

Ciessa New Member

My very first creature will most likely be herbivore. I'd much rather be a peaceful little plant chewer than a vicious snarling meat eater. :laughing2: But then again, I'll be doing as many combinations as possible, so I'm most likely going to have a thousand different critters that are a thousand different ways. I'm SO exited! :bouncy:

4. KillerTaipan198

KillerTaipan198 New Member

Spelling corrections:
    Herbivore
    Carnivore

And both carnivore and herbivore is an:
    Omnivore

I wonder if there are going to be insectvores...? And it is possible to create an omnivore.

5. Martun

Martun New Member

There is ALWAYS someone/something bigger and stronger than you are... And that's not just in the game! ;)

Oh, and I'd have the biggest, hairiest, most defensive, huge and ferocious 'looking' creature, that feasted on four-leafed-clovers :D

6. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Actually, that is not in the game. You won't have any stronger rivals than you are.

Heat

7. Martun

Martun New Member

Surely this isn't the case. What's the point of playing if you are always going to be stronger, faster and generally more dominant than everything else?!

8. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

I beg to differ.. Mr. Heat. Will said specifically in the GDC vid, that you will never be at the top of the food chain. You will always have some sort of competition.

That much, I vividly remember.

9. artistvrd

artistvrd SporeMasterArti

I'm with you on this one! :smile:

10. Saim

Saim New Member

Yes
    [​IMG]
    Notice, the creature is named at the top right.

11. artistvrd

artistvrd SporeMasterArti

I'm going to have to say herbavore because they are fascinating to me. A herbavore needs to sometimes eat only a certain kind of plant, like the giant panda.

Becuase my creature would be a herbavore I would need to create it uniquely somewhat like the giraffe and it's eating habits, and you might have the obsticles (sp?) of rareness of plants, and evolution obsticles. I just think it would be fun to experiment with that.

12. Vwoot

Vwoot New Member

i think i read somewhere if your a herbavore (if thats how its spelt :confused:) you eat automaticly.

well i would also try both.

first carnavore tho, my two legged cat/tiger/thingy will eat small and helpless animals :party:

13. Thomas2467

Thomas2467 Guest

Design

Very funky i love it. ?

14. Lebebe

Lebebe Guest

Too early...

15. Gungnir

Gungnir New Member

Omnivore..one that preffers meat and eats plants only if it's very hungry....

I want to hunt down other creatures..mwahahaha...

16. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

Yeah, since a carnivore might have an easier time getting food (and it'll be alot more fun to watch it eat!), I think I'll start with a carnivore.