Spore Facts Vs. Rumors

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by kingofthenet, Sep 9, 2005.

1. gg2112

gg2112 New Member

Sounds good to me. :smile:

2. master genesis

master genesis New Member

World...Galatic conquest a nice plan, but achieveing it is another story...but any how thats my plan too. :spin:

3. gg2112

gg2112 New Member

Good luck, you two.

4. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

Time for another update. It's been a while, hasn't it?

FACT: Religion and politics not only play a role in the game, they play a BIG role in the game. The level of customization for your culture and its behaviour, as well as the government, will be quite in-depth. according to Gaming steve, it is RIDICULOUSLY complex.

FACT/RUMOR (mostly fact:( You will not be able to name individual creatures. Whether you will be able to name your species or not, is still unknown.

FACT: While you will be able to command your creatures in the earlier stages of the civilization epoch, you will lose this ability later during the city stages. Creatures will no longer be your units, replaced by vehicles and the like. The creatues you see in cities and such are non-controllable later in the city stages.

RUMOR: It is likely you will have access to civilian vehicles as well as military ones.

FACT: There will be domestication to some degree. Mounts are confirmed, and pets/slaves are also likely. It is also likely that beasts, plants, and animals will be able to used as some sort of resource.

FACT: clothing is confirmed.

FACT: There will be leaders, such as generals, head-of-states, religious leaders, etc.

FACT: If you accidentally kill your creature in the evolution stage, you gain control of another one, a la Sim Ant. Whether or not you have a limited number is unknown. Probably, it will depend on how populous your species is.

5. El Cid

El Cid New Member

Much thanks for that information :>

6. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Ahhh, i completley forgot about Gaming Steve, i just lost my bookmarks and never remmembered to re-add it...but anyway, thanks for this information ;)

Heat

7. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

In recent lurking, I have found rumors:

RUMOR: Eyes may advantage or disadvantage you in the Evolution stage.

RUMOR: Colors may as well^.

RUMOR: Spikes, talons, etc. may make hunting easier.

RUMOR: Poison.

8. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

Actually, the whole spike/talon/claw/other dangerous pointy things will for a fact help your creature. We saw it first-hand in the GDC demo. Remember the little protozoan impaling things with its spike? And don't forget the willosaurus tearing those hoppers a new one with its clawed tail.

9. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Yep, as Kraden said, this is a fact.

Great job guys & gals, soon we'll be listing a nice amount of facts and rumors =)

Heat

10. strillor

strillor New Member

woah!!

the politic and religion part sounds extremely interesting :shocked: :shocked: !

11. shock

shock New Member

all praise almighty bob! (god i love the hickhiker's guide to the galaxy)

12. strillor

strillor New Member

haha :bouncy: I never got a chance to see it... but bob is the robot right?
    gah.. this is SOOO off-topic...

do we make our own religions? and make up our own gods? :eek: that'll be AWESOME!

13. shock

shock New Member

im going to make a race of slugs and make them worship a salt shaker

14. strillor

strillor New Member

I'm gonna make my Yokins worship ... ... the almighty teddy :laughing2:

15. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Two recent Facts from Gaming Steve's latest podcast:

-Multi-culture in Spore:

Varying from Creative to Strict, Friendly to Extreme, the multi-cultural diversity in Spore is expected to be enormous.

Relationship Between Different Groups:

Group's personalities/traits will have a serious effect on the ability to create an alliance or go on war. The more similarity between two groups, the easier their communications and alliance creation will be. Groups with a lot of differencies may have an alliance but it'd be harder for them to communicate between each other.

Heat

16. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

I'd set up some sort of Egyptian religion for mine.

Crocodile-headed Cardinal.

'Nuff said.

I'm really sorry guys, but I don't think I'll be on much in Fall. I'll be doing something else on the computer :smile:

17. Lualmoba

Lualmoba New Member

There is a lot of information at Sporewiki.com if you look for it.