Spore The enteraction between land and sea

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by master genesis, Jan 27, 2006.

1. master genesis

master genesis New Member

The enteraction between land and sea

Lets say that a happy three-legged pig monkey is looking for some prey around the beach or lake etc. etc., anyways it has the sudden urge for some water, so it lands and then starts to drink. All of a sudden a large sea creatre snaps out of the water and swallos it's unsuspecting prey.

And can you have a frog sort of creature, land/water, or even the swiss army knife of natural succesion a hybrid of the elements of land/water/air...

Me = :banghead: = the barrier between info.

2. leech10

leech10 New Member

Sounds interesting, that is something that I would like to see. Maybe if you put fins, legs and wings on your creature it will be able live just about anywhere, just maybe not as good as one that was specialized for one place.

3. strillor

strillor New Member

then I guess it's abilities would be more "fleeing" and hunting small preys from the air! that'd be so cool..

I mean.. the air/water/earth creature would have less sharp claws ..

and a BIG claw, teeth, stick creature wouldn't be able to have wings...

because you can only build on your creature for the points you've gained in the gameplay ! :bouncy:

4. El Cid

El Cid New Member

If amphibians are possible then I'm sure you could make a creature that could do such.

5. maxis

maxis New Member

yeah i was wondering if you could make a animal able to walk on land and also swim underwater, infact i have drawn an animal able with that if it's possible to make.

they should do some chat transcripts like they have for the sims 2 ep's, don't cha think!?

6. Mason11987

Mason11987 New Member

This seems to be one of those invisible barriers that WIll opposes. There is no reason to make very clear distinctions between creature "types", shouldn't the procedural nature of the animations just make walking creatures with fins less efficient in both? Or the same with any other combo? I'd think so. That should be an option if we want it.

7. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

I am 99% sure that there will be flying creatures, as I belive Will confirmed it in an interview with Gaming Steve.

If thats so.. I belive that it wouldn't be a problem to have a creature with wings, fins, and feet.

Because if you remember to the video where Will was creating his tripod creature, he just dragged and dropped parts onto it..

I think the only limitation would be the currency used to create these creatures?

8. Mason11987

Mason11987 New Member

He did confirm them, and they can be seen in the GDC video as well as in several pictures from seperate spore discussions.

9. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

Awesome, thanks for confirming.

I have always had a love of flying things.. But I'm kinda dissapointed at the fact that we can't have flying cities.

10. Tye

Tye New Member

I wanted to know that when I saw the GDC demo but in the recent E3 demo it didn't really explain that much.

It would be cool to evolve a generation of sea creatures though! :D

11. Martun

Martun New Member

So if there will be flying creatures, it would be interesting to see how far up they could fly. Especially if your creature evolved with great strength/flying power, and didn't actually need any specific breathing requirements. ie, could it fly into space?!

(Might sound stupid, but worth the ask :blush: )

12. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

I think the only game unit able to reach space is the UFO.

Heat

13. artistvrd

artistvrd SporeMasterArti

ya know, heat's probably right, but that would be awesome! I would love to see my creature fly directly out of the water into the atm. then straight into space....the power...THE POWER! :hug: (<<me & power)

14. Martun

Martun New Member

Yeah, there is heaps of talk about this type of thing (launching right out of the water and into direct flight), kind of like a actual flying fish that just kept going!

And also, there is the possibility of underwater cities (un-confirmed I think), but it would be interesting to see if vehicles (more UFOs actually) can launch from underwater and go right out into space!

15. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

Under water cities are confirmed, in a couple videos.

16. artistvrd

Yea, they have been, but so was rain in The Sims 2 :(

17. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

and.. rain is comming, actually.. I belive weather is going to be released in the Pets expansion pack.
    :smile:

Hey.. it may be late, but its comming!

18. artistvrd

Yea! Spore: Underwater Expedition, or 'Spore:Underwave Inhabitants"

didn't even think of that!

19. Snabbelkrab

Snabbelkrab New Member

It would not be realistic when sea creatures could launch into the air as this is physically impossible. This is because fishes that are light-weight enough to fly would float in the water. So it would be like a jumping rock. \Not physically possible. But...it's a game

20. artistvrd

well, men can get pregant by aliens according to maxis ;)