Spore Price and release date on 1up

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by Raveler, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Raveler

Raveler New Member

Price and release date on 1up

While doing a search for more information on Spore, I noticed that 1up.com had both a release date (Nov. 15, 2006) and a price listing ($49.95) for Spore.

http://1up.com/do/search?st=spore

2. Yuewolf

Yuewolf New Member

This might have been a nice find, but what you are forgeting is that even Will Wright doesn't know the release date.

I win.

3. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

I think it's just a guess. I mean, November 16 IS in Fall 2006, isn't it?

:comptoss:
    Still can't wait.

4. MrErops

MrErops New Member

Untill an official release date is confirmed from EA, I wouldn't get to excited about anything. These dates are only speculations, and Snooty himself said/thinks that the game will not be out untill 2007. :indifferent:

5. xXshad0wseeker89Xx

xXshad0wseeker89Xx New Member

Mostly these two

2007 or Fall 2006

So i win ! :smile:

6. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

Yeah.. even if you click the Buy Now link, it takes you to a generic page.. No purchase information at all.

That stuff is pretty much speculation, I wish it was going to release in November, but with a game of this magnitude.. I doubt it.

7. Ciessa

Ciessa New Member

Yuewolf, your totally right. I heard that it's going to be out in the fourth quarter 2006...I don't care when it comes, as long as it comes.

8. Bonkywop

Bonkywop New Member

April 2007 anyone? EA have confirmed that we won't see it materialise before then, so says Snoots. Consider that patience well and truly tested. If you give up with the whole waiting game and just wish to throw a tantrum instead, this is the latest topic to grumble in.

And welcome to Snooty Spore, Ciessa!

9. Picklepik

Picklepik New Member

I don't want to pay 50 bucks. I'll do it thoguh. :( By the way, does anyone know another computer game that actually cost this much.

10. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

The price on 1up.com is just an estimate, i don't think that Maxis themselves already decided how much Spore will cost. I think $50 is a reasonable price though.

Heat

11. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

Yeah, I expect it to release with the usual $49.99 price tag. Games that release higher than that generally have a peripheral attached to them, like the guitar hero games.

And.. once again, EA has said that it will be released no sooner than 07.

12. artistvrd

artistvrd SporeMasterArti

The price is probably set there, and the release is most likely wrong, just a 1UP estimate!
    o_O <<the guy who decided the date
    :wave: <<guy who decided the price

13. Martun

Martun New Member

HA! US$50 is nothing! Here in Australia we get ripped off! lol! Here, I'll show you:

US$50 = AU$65 (on a bad day - more often than not)

We usually get charged AU$90 for new release games, especially games with the magnitude and hype of Spore!

AU$90 = US$75 (on that same bad day)

So you see, you guys save US$25 compared to us. And I know it's NOT a shipping fee... Who pays US$25 for postage and handling?! :laughing2:

14. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

One word.

Owned.

wtf mate. its the eend of the world as we know it.

15. artistvrd

artistvrd SporeMasterArti

yes, the product is US made, so it's cheaper here, and more expensive overseas, especially in AU because it's further away and probably harder to transport.