Spore GDC 2006 Video

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by Raveler, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Raveler

Raveler New Member

GDC 2006 Video

For anyone thinking of buying the video from GDC 2006-

My advice is don't.

It's poorly shot, and is choppy near the end (as in, they splice back to an earlier level)

However, the talk is quite interesting- the transcript with images would be amazing.

It's not worth $15, though.

2. WHTJunior

WHTJunior New Member

I'm not sure why they would charge for a video that is available on Google for free. Whatever floats their boat, I guess. The one on Google is good, even if it's not the same one.

3. SilentM

SilentM New Member

I'd buy it, but seeing as I don't have any method of payment ( 14, no CC or anything like that ) and my parents think it's ridiculous I can't. :indifferent:

Cheap bastards.

4. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

Link to it on Google video?

5. Picklepik

Picklepik New Member

GDC is like an event less than half of what E3 is. E3 is the best. GDC is okay but it is so hard to get info on it. So I suspect that vid is :censored: .

6. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

GDC is for game developers, it's more of a professional event, there is no booth-babes there so people are most likely to show games instead of breasts.

E3 is a commercial event in most terms.

Heat

7. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

Like Heat says, GDC is strictly speaking a Game Developer Conference. This is where they all get together and sip coffee and talk about Game Development.

E3 on the other hand gets SO MUCH press, that it has become almost a pop culture event. No longer is it just for industry professionals, as there are lots of contests out there in which gamers can win spots to the expo.

As far as the GDC 06 video is concerned.. I wouldnt pay anything for it, as screen shots, transcripts, and the video will eventually be free, if they aren't right now. Plus, if it is a shoddy as you say, then why bother? I'm a very patient guy ;)