Spore Spore looks great but...(System Requirements Thread)

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by hourendous, May 12, 2006.

1. hourendous

hourendous New Member

Spore looks great but...(System Requirements Thread)

IVe been watch and reading bit about spore for the last little while, got at least 2 or 3 of my freinds interested in it, and cant wait for it to come out, but what are the system reqiurment gonna be like? Since the game itself is all done by code and not prebuilt sprites, cause if it was sprites this game would be HUGE as in like at least 30cds, :laughing2:, but since its code, anyone know what the system requirments are gonna be like?

ps:sorry for any misspellings, i type a bit to fast and make odd little mistakes fairly often.

2. Bonkywop

Bonkywop New Member

On my adventures through the search engine, I found a topic just like this: hopefully this topic will be of some assistance. It's mostly speculation, though I don't know if anything's changed since then. I don't think we'll know anything for certain regarding requirements for a while.

3. Tye

Tye New Member

I'm guessing the same as The Sims 2's requirements or slightly higher.

4. spore freak274

spore freak274 New Member

im not sure it there the same because the game looks big and if you can share stuff with other people its prob gonna take more space. im think ud need a pretty good computer to run it. :indifferent:

5. StormDragoness

StormDragoness New Member

Spore is likely to have systems requirements, perhaps a little better than the sims 2, so, newer hardware, a decent amount of memory and processing speed. The usual stuff, but I doubt you need the top notch stuff to get an enjoyable experience, lets see, hardware that is two years old (at the release date) might well run it.

Also, if Will Wright and his team succeeds at the procedural generation, this game will take up no more than a single CD, and still contain thousands of pre-generated planets. (Where do we sign up for the beta test/creation of content? :D )

He said himself that creatures currently sit at 3k in size, containing all the information about the creature, and its behavior, ready to be generated in your own world.

6. Mangerman

Mangerman New Member

Don't think the system requirements are higher than Oblivion. ;)

7. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Defintely not higher than Obvilion, but how is Obvilion connected to Spore? =\

Heat

8. artistvrd

artistvrd SporeMasterArti

We should know the sytem specs soon (few months from now) but Personally I agree with it being slightly lower than The Sims 2, but not a whole lot... :smile:

9. hourendous

hourendous New Member

im back after a few days of fisiting the forums, i guess ill be needing a new comp to play it :(, i only got 128 megs of ram(for some reason the sytem says i have 126) and around ~700mhz on the processer and an intel 82810 integrated vid card, awsome comp isnt it? :p im actually surprised this comp can play what it can to tell you the truth, lol

10. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

:comptoss:

Oh dear god.. How does your machine run anything other than the very basics?!

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS, when buying a computer get at the least 1 gig of ram! Always AALLWAYS. (no offence, but.. yeah, very good rule of thumb)

As far as system specs are concerned I have read several places that it will be around the same as the Sims 2..

As far as for the fact we are going to be sharing files with others.. this means absolutley nothing in terms of effecting system requirements. The game is sending very small packets of information.. Basically it would be the equivalent of uploading an Avatar to the internet.. Most computers can do it in their sleep.. speaking metophorically of course..

System specs are not a problem for the average of computer owners.

11. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

I don't think that when he bought a computer there was something like 1 Gig of RAM, and i disagree with your overly capitalized always up there.

Heat

12. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

Its a common fact among most computer builders and educated buyers that a computer with less than 1 gig of ram is usually worse off in the industry than one with more than 1 gig.

Up until a few months ago, when i learned of this, I had 512.. I recently got a gig of ram and it is much faster and more productive for me.

I am use capitals to state my point, and I did specify that I was not trying to be offensive, simply trying to reinforce the point.

13. the Blind Bandit

the Blind Bandit New Member

The system requirements i hope dont involve me getting rid of any of my other games i got on currently. And thats only WoW and the sims2, and not installed i have empire at war, zoo tycoon, rollercoaster tycoon, age of mythology, all the regular sims, and the list goes on. In other words,
    Bandit has to many games for his computer to handle...

But i can tell Wright is really excited about this game i can tell its not gonna end up having a really bad problem with it *cough* Star Wars Galaxies *cough* :sporerules:

14. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

I dont see why you would have to uninstall any games to be able to play a new one.. Unless your short on disk space? But if thats the case, extra hard disk is fairly cheap now a days...

15. hourendous

hourendous New Member

to fire maker, as i noticed i sort of forgot to mention that this is comp is aorund 4-5 years old, maybe a bit mroe, at the time 128 megs of ram was actually decent, then better tech came along and made it obselete compared to enw ones, the highest as far as i know this comp can play is warcraft 3, runs decent...but onyl when all the graphic options are tunred all the way down, :(, and ya i dont think the downloading other peoples creatures will do anything to slow the game down at all, 3kb per creature, even downloading like 1000+ creatures would only take like what, a minute at most? depending on how fast your inetnet is and how good the server is, and even then that wont slow it down at all.

i think at the time a comp with like 512 megs of ram could run every game no prob and i think 1gig of ram was nearly unheard of at the time, :spin:

16. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

Aahh. See that explains it.

Well, if you can play WC3.. You would probably just need a new GFX card, and some ram to run the common games today.

The above portion of this topic will explain prety much what kind of system is required. Pretty much a system that can play any of the common games today, like WoW, Oblivion.. ect. I HIGHLY doubt that they would release a game that requries a hardcore gaming system to play.. They wouldnt profit at all, as most people would be unable to play.. and wouldn't waste their time or money getting a better computer.

17. Martun

Martun New Member

Fair call. I have been reading up on it a bit, and it seems to be a general "Sims 2 spec. requirement" from most people. I have, however heard that alot of people have said that when they played Sims 2 (I haven't played it myself yet :( ), even though they had the reccommended specs. they still turned it a notch down off 'uber high' to ease the tiny graphical glitches.

In relation to Oblivion, my current computer runs it perfectly smooth, as long as you have your grass distance (which is a BIG visual component I think) down to zero. Other that that, everything else is on maximum.

I guess, though, if Spore isn't going to be as graphically intense (little dissapointed :indifferent: ) I guess I'll just buy a new computer so I can play Oblivion with grass! lol! :laughing2:

18. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

Well.. Spore will be graphically intense, just.. I doubt it will be holy hell upon a computer. As per my above reasoning.

AS for TS2, I run it with a bit of clipping.. on big houses it gets a little choppy. I can play comfurtably with medium settings all around.

I suppose Spore will be more taxing on a computer, but probably more in the processing area than the graphics area. Seeing how this stuff is proceedurally generated, code needs to do most of the work.. Creating the creatures movements and such.

Who knows, its still all just speculation. I mean, they are also planning a DS release so.. can it really be THAT taxing on any system?

19. Bonkywop

Bonkywop New Member

Ohh, I'm hoping Spore doesn't ask for much in the way of system requirements, certainly. Sims 2 murders my cruddy laptop even with all the graphical details set to their minimums. I've got to get a new computer, really. Much as I hate my laptop, I do hate to see it explode at the merest sight of an installation of any kind.

20. hourendous

hourendous New Member

Woo, my first post got a link in the sticky :bouncy:

But to stay on stopic, this comp isnt going to be the one to run any new games, im replacing it this summer hopefully if i get the money, this one is annoying and it would prob cost more money to upgrade than to buy a new one knowing my luck, the new one will be able to play WoW easy if i get it so spore should (hopefully) not be a problem