Spore Creature Evolution

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by Vandilyn, May 18, 2006.

1. Vandilyn

Vandilyn New Member

Creature Evolution

I think this needs a little work in that the adults should not look like the newly evolved creature, just the newly hatched young should have the new features you 'purchased' while in the creature menu.

I mean, all others already existed without them, and I don't think you can bend Darwin's theory that much as to say that when the new hatchlings grew that new set of arms or those new, meaner looking eyes, or changed colour even, that this effected the already existing creatures. :spin:

2. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

This is not really a question therefore i moved it to the "General Spore discussion" board.

Heat

3. SilentM

SilentM New Member

Yeah I was thinking that too.

4. SlyDevil

SlyDevil New Member

What's going on there is that you're not really making a single baby, but thousands of them over, say a million years. Evolution doesnt happen instantly in the next generation, it happens very gradually over millions of generations, so what the game is doing is skipping over that period and putting you ahead when those changes have taken place, therefor everyone else has changed as well. It would be a much greater stretch if the two 6 limbed yellow guys had a baby that had 7 limbs and was blue.

5. Flank57

Flank57 New Member

Think reincarnation lol. Your creature lives, dies, evolves, and eventualy is reborn.

6. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

And.. Humans should not be able to catch on fire and survive for several hours... (As done in The Sims 2. By several hours, I mean sim hours). Vampires dont really exist.. and nither do Zombies.

These games aren't meant to be entirely accurate.. They are meant to entertain, yes education is something Will talked about.. however, there has to be a point when education has to blend with entertainment and time is a factor.. I personally dont want to wait millions of years for my species to evolve..

7. SilentM

SilentM New Member

Which is why he's saying that the game is skipping those millions of years for you.