Spore Spore in real life! What Sporeish creatures do you know of?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by InvaderBlack, Jul 12, 2006.

1. artistvrd

artistvrd SporeMasterArti

what about the portugese man of war, it stings you and less than 15 seconds later, you're dead. I am scared to death of jellyfish :indifferent:

A creature like that in Spore, do you think poison can be in Spore, I don't see why i couldn't but I'm not too sure if it will...

2. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

I don't know, I saw something about it in the Gamespot forums, but I think if there will be poison it won't be like jelly fish or a spitting cobra. More like a biting thing. If it's even there, that is.

3. Saim

Saim New Member

Maxis'll probably leave it for an expansion.

4. Flak

Flak New Member

I think stink bugs are pretty Sporeish!

The black ones in the California desert:

http://www.pbase.com/merrell/image/49533223
    Stink Bug photo - Merrell photos at pbase.com

that one has his butt up to stink someone.

5. artistvrd

yeah, good point out flak! They are unique, and very interesting, and on top of it, it's an insect, great find! :smile:

6. Bonkywop

Bonkywop New Member

Hmm... bonkywops are a pretty Spore-esque species, with their odd bouncy blue thing they got going on there. Hey, what do you mean they don't exist in real life? THERE'S ONE OVER THERE DAMMIT! *points wildly in the direction of an empty space*

But yes, I was beaten to it with the platypuses. They are sexiful.

7. artistvrd

lol, might want to watch your language though..

very creative :smile:

8. master genesis

master genesis New Member

9. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

10. artistvrd

yea IB, sugargliders are pretty cute! :blush:

my teacher way back in the day had two of them, but all they did was sleep, but they were nocturnal.

I really like that giraffe bug, very interesting, i didn't even know that exitsted!

11. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

The giraffe beetle: Nature's O.O;; moment.

Speaking of nocturnal, I wonder if I could have a nocturnal creature in SPORE?

12. Hazath

Hazath New Member

13. master genesis

Actually its a giraffe weevil, yeah when I was studying to be an entomologist, I came across some really wierd ones.

Ill see if I can find some more that I saw. :bouncy:

14. Bonkywop

Bonkywop New Member

I'm betting that thing passed out at a party and its friends just stuck those things on it for a prank. The poor bugger's probably not realized this yet, perhaps wondering what all the funny looks they've been getting could be all about.

15. master genesis

Ha, a jack-o-lope, I forgot about those. :laughing2:

16. artistvrd

a Jacalope, brilliant, but I am one of those people who thinks they're fake...I'm most likely wrong, but oh well

17. master genesis

Yeah there fake or atleast extinct, they are just like big foot but on a smaller myth level.

18. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

Big Foot is real!! Never doubt the unknown! Because whatever you think about it is wrong!... Unless you think Big Foot is realy, then you're right...

But yeah, the Jack-a-lope is a fake. I shoulda thought of that, since I'm from Texas. I've been gone for too long! :(

And nocturnal creatures in Spore... The would be really cool. Eat the other creatures while the sleep... Hmm...

19. Flak

Flak New Member

I haven't seen a jackalope in like 20 years! I thought maybe they went instinct. ;)

20. artistvrd

I don't see why you couldn't have nocturnal creatures, there are quite a few nocturnal critters. and maybe if two advanced species' meet, one's diernal(sp?) and one is nocturnal, it could be a very intersting battle and way of life between them both, unless they are so far aprat planetary times (day/night) are different.