Spore Tracking our Creatures

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by Domini0n, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Domini0n

Domini0n New Member

Tracking our Creatures

Do you think it will be possible to track your creatures as they transfer to other peoples comps through their distribution server? I really want to be able to track how many people have downloaded or even encountered my creation. I want to know if they are the soul source of food for a player, or if they are the terror of a helpless little fuzzball :D

What do you think?

2. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

That ^ will probably be possible.

As of how the developed or what happend to them in that specific computer, i really doubt you would be able to track, or you would want to know.

Heat

3. artistvrd

artistvrd SporeMasterArti

well as a basis, there might be a tiny map of your world you can enable, and maybe by pressing a button on the keyboard or in the game, you can bring up your solar system, or maybe just your planet.

But I wouldn't worry too much about tracking your creature, after all EA Maxis will definately put some kind of tracker, whether it's a map or not. I mean seriously, no one want to lose their creature in the Spore Univers:p

4. Bonkywop

Bonkywop New Member

I would have loved that, actually. Or perhaps the ability to have a mass gathering of bonkywops throughout the multiverse, meeting together to discuss how they've been getting on, what creatures they ate and were eaten by recently - kind of like a friendly, larger-scale UN.

5. Flank57

Flank57 New Member

Seems to me that I remember Will talking about how you could go to the website or whatever and see the stats of your creature in other peoples games. Like battles won, battles lost, how many times eaten, how many planets conquered......

6. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

Yeah, I heard that too, Flank. I also thought it might be on your own creatures card or whatever they are.

7. Flank57

Flank57 New Member

I just cant help but think of Pokemon/Magic when ever I hear that

8. artistvrd

artistvrd SporeMasterArti

NEWSFLASH!

http://snootyspore.com/pics/spore186.jpg
    There's a map on the bottom left of this screenshot from SSpore.

Blue dots = your cities
    Orange = enemy
    Black = ?

those are guesses, great screen!