Spore Oh great, there went our last female...

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by master genesis, Nov 19, 2006.

1. master genesis

master genesis New Member

Oh great, there went our last female...

I was wondering, lets say that you are in the tribal or city phase and an enemy attacks you.

And when they attack they kill many, but you eventually push them away.

But sadly, ALL of your females were killed in the process....

Do think this could happen?

Or will the species have to learn to become Asexual really, really fast.

2. sltlamina

sltlamina New Member

In this game they're all one gender...I mean they are actually 2 but you get the point...you mate with another but you always SEEM to be male.

3. master genesis

master genesis New Member

I'll have to do some research into the topic, but it may be possible that

they have ratios about the population on the city level, if they say

this portion

is like populous then most likely they have a male to female ratio and etc..

It makes since, but I need more info on the games features.

4. Hazath

Hazath New Member

Oh my. That is a horrendously wonderful idea. I've no idea the answer, but you are my new idol for thinking of the question. +2 Haz respect points for you!

5. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

Not necessarily. There aren't enough vids and content releases to support any claims on gender. We're still all shooting in the dark as far as gender and relationships go.

Plus remember.. at Tribal you lose control of your single critter and start controling the tribe -> civ -> species -> everything.

As for speculation on public erm.. sterilization. It'd be cool if that were a feature, but you must think about how the battle would be fought. Females (with humans atleast) are usually left at home during times of war. So as long as there are protective buildings, there will always be survivors. If there is a high number of females in the buildings, then there is a good chance your race will survive, as males are hearty (generally speaking).

You can also reverse this theory, if males are the home makers in a species, then there will be more at home, and females will be more hearty, and able to return to procreate.

Also, to prevent sterilization, divide your settlement ASAP. Have one main city, and a hidden one somewhere to just grow. Should your main city fall, you have a backup for your survivors to run to.

This is a good turtle strategy =P