Spore Expansion Packs and Beyond

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by FreakAboutSpore, Feb 2, 2007.

1. FreakAboutSpore

FreakAboutSpore New Member

Expansion Packs and Beyond

Now I am wondering. Do you think that Spore will have any expansion packs? If so, how many? Because the first pack I want to see is more about the space game. I want to be able to create sims and have them go throw the evolution of their lifetimes. And once they reach the space game. Be able to use this sims to create my own "Star Trek" "Star Wars" universes. Do you think this will be possible in the base game or an expansion?

2. Hazath

Hazath New Member

lI'm not sure what the second part of your post was about... But, yes, I do beleive expansion packs will be present. At the least, I would expect content packs. As I haven't played I don't really know what is not there; however recent comments from Maxis have hinted that underwater Civilization is out, so an expansion could leave room for the underwater world.

3. TheProfessor

TheProfessor New Member

Importing Sims into Spore would be pretty cool, I'm not really sure how easy it'd be to put something like that into the game as an expansion pack though. Even for Maxis games which are usually very extendible I would imagine it would be quite difficult.

4. FreakAboutSpore

Why does everyone think I want to import sims into the game? I am simply going to create a sim in the creature editor. :censored: :angry:

5. Hazath

Hazath New Member

If I understand correctly, you are asking if you will be able to create multiple races and populate them on planets as you wish; then current consensus is yes; you will. However, will you be able to ally the Klingons, Humans, and Vulcans against the Romulans; unknown, and probably not.

6. FreakAboutSpore

Well, that is what I was asking. But I wasn't really asking about the base game, I was asking if there might be an expansion pack in the future that allows you to do this. I really do not hope that this is a game that has like one or two. There is still so much they could do with the franshies. I would like to see at least 7 expansion packs like The Sims has.

7. artistvrd

artistvrd SporeMasterArti

Oh definately. This game I'm almost sure of it, will have around 7 expansion packs. There's just so many things you can add to the game. So many new editors and creations.

But there might also be a system where the game automatically adds updates via the internet as Spore is a netowrk of Sporeos all playing in the universe together. We're still eagerly waiting to see what Will has to say about the online part of the game. It was only briefly mentioned in the past.

8. FreakAboutSpore

What I want to know is if you could create more then one creature and more then one planet. Is that possible?

I predict that the expansion packs for the are going to have something to do with each of the games. Like the first expansion pack is going to have to do with the creature game/maybe even the cellar game. Second, Tribal Game. Third, City Game. Forth, Cilliviation Game and last but not least the Space game. Which I hope you will be able to have a universe like Star Trek and Star Wars. Your own privite universe.

9. artistvrd

artistvrd SporeMasterArti

Well, of course it is. You can create a multitude of species, but be careful and don't evolve two at a time or you might have chaos!

Plants though, I think once you reach the space phase with a creature, then you can go out and create cellular creatures on this one planet and tribal creatures on another and dump half yuor current creatures on a third! :laughing2:

10. imported_jonny159

imported_jonny159 New Member

In one of the videos I've seen, Will flew down to a planet where most of the creatures were very sim like, they looked like little people to me, so I guess it's possilbe...it's cool really, the fact you can create anything you want, from normal looking people to crazy out of this world *no pun intended* spider monstors! :laughing2:

11. FreakAboutSpore

jonny159 what video was that where the planet seemed to be inhabbited by sim like creatures. Could you please show me the link to the video? :smile:

12. imported_jonny159

imported_jonny159 New Member

13. FreakAboutSpore

Oh, I saw that video. I don't think those are sims dude. Those are humenoid lifeforms though, so I inmagion you could make sims. :laughing2:

14. levastyl

levastyl New Member

It is possible to have expansion, surely EA would milk this game.

Expansion
    1.Water Creatures and the Water Creature phase
    2.Galactic Empire...with superintelligent enemies?

actually it's too early to say for there are still thousands of things we don't know about this game.

15. shadowsimII

shadowsimII Supreme Simmer

that should all be in the game anyway!

16. Hazath

Hazath New Member

Water creatures got nixed from the website. Still no official word, but the general consensus says they are gone. Empires will exist, but don't count on fleets of ships just yet.