Long time, no see! =D

Discussion in 'Introductions Forums' started by Vchat20, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

Long time, no see! =D

Hey old WS vets! Long time, no see! Just thought I'd pop in and say hi and possibly re-introduce myself to those who don't know me.

As is noted in my profile, I've been here quite a while. Apparently since September 2002 (wow, has it been that long?). I was a very active member of the community a while back and had a few high profile projects under my belt that, sadly, have met my horrible luck and died prematurely. One of which was a brand new TS2 based 'zine published both in print and on the web. Second was a virtual 'mall' site for the community that hoped to accumulate the many TS2 download sites into one central location for players to easily find things. The site also featured an interactive 3D mall where people could optionally hang out and chat with others while shopping around at the virtual incarnations of many of the sites you have become accustomed to.

Now with the slightly personal bit: Starting around February '06 I had quite a lifestyle change. Before that point I used to be a sort of 'loner' going from community to community every other month. Somewhere at the end of february I joined a small MUSH (acronym: Multi-User Shared Hallucination. If you don't know what it is, basically it's like a cross between the old dialup BBS's and standard forum roleplay threads. They are low-bandwidth text only games that are centered around roleplaying in a more 'live' context meaning you can pose your characters back and forth within minutes of each other, making a more spontaneous roleplay) based around the show Code: Lyoko. I quickly wriggled my way into the staff within a month and have since then become good friends with a number of players/staff there and at this exact point in time, I am current owner of the place doing all I can to keep it up and running. And sometime back in August I took the initiative and moved out of my mom's place in hopes of having better job and school opportunities and am now roommates with a fellow staffer whom I've become real good friends with. So I went from living in Warren, Ohio to now living just outside of Asheville, North Carolina.

I just recently got back into TS2 and updated my expansion lineup so I now have the full series taking up a hefty 10.2GB on my laptop. :p As such, I have decided to return and attempt to re-integrate myself into the community as best as possible. I hope everyone will welcome me back with open arms. :)

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Welcome back Vchat :p!

I see you're pretty active in the CL community, particular quite a few torrents by your name :p

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Phew, thats quite a lot of changes, Vchat. Glad to see you back anyway. :D

4. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

Yup. There's a certain CL forum about that has some archaic download restrictions that kinda irked me so a while back I just up and decided to do episode rips myself and distribute as unrestricted torrents. So far I have 41 episodes under my belt with hopefully more to come when Cartoon Network decides to do reruns and finish up the current season. Kinda been fun some weekends waiting some 4-5 hours for my laptop to finish on a 23 minute episode. ;)

Very much thanks. Glad to be back. :)

5. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Oh, I've seen your comments in a couple of old threads! Welcome back, Vchat. Hope I'll get ta know ya. :D

6. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Welcome back Vchat20! :)

I see we joined WorldSims at a similar time - were you also a Simschatter? Can't remember if you were there. :eek: Our timezones might have meant we didn't see each other.

Nice to see you return - hope to see more of you! :D

7. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

Well, it must be the time of year for nostalgia as I too decided to check out the "old" forums for the first time in 2 years! Ack...I was shocked when Josh told me it had been that long....seems like life gets busy and one forgets to do some of the 'smaller' things in one's life...I have been very busy with work and family and all the chaos...er, sorry did I say that out loud...business of our modern lives...since I last posted here, we moved, changed jobs and had one kid leave home for college, still am working on shoe-horning out the next one and am down to teaching only one kid (in grade 12) and am wondering how to keep it together between my job, homeschooling, home business and all that is in between.

I'm so behind on these forums that I'm thinking I'm back to being a newbie especially with all the forum re-design that has gone on in my absence. Anyway, I'm really going to try to check in more often...two years is a bit of a long stretch...it's hard to "justify" fun time on the computer versus "work" time but I will try. It is good to see old and familiar names still here! Plus Snake has promised to give me a sound smack upside the head if I forget for this long again! Such a loving caring person....lol

Anyway, I'm back and hoping that I'm not totally forgotten.

8. muffin-tacos

Looks like we're having a little old members get together here. :rolleyes:

Welcome, Bookie! (Can I call you Bookie? :D)

9. ManagerJosh

BOOOKKKIIIEE :D (yes muffin, that's Book's nickname :D)

We missed you :bunny: :bunny:

10. muffin-tacos

Really? Wow, go me! :D :D :D

11. ManagerJosh

Maybe we should add "psychic" in front of your name, muffin :p :ducks:

12. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Nah that title is reserved for you only, Josh. There's more than enough evidence to prove it. :p

Welcome back Bookworm! I remember you from the 'old' days. Nice to see you again - sounds like you've had a busy time. Glad you stopped by, and hopefully you'll do so more often. I was actually thinking of you and some other regulars from the past, when I saw that Vchat20 had returned. Nostalgia and all that, lol - takes me back to the Simchat days. Nice to see you again. :D

13. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

Class reunion at WS. How fun. :D

But yeah, glad to see some familiar names returning slowly. And yea hugzncuddles, I do FAINTLY remember being a member of Simschat, but it's been some time.

14. ManagerJosh

Let's send Fran to chase after you with her broom. That outta trigger a flood of old memories.