A week to upload? Really?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jakethedane, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

A week to upload? Really?

I have been using the uploading page fe have here for some time now, but only recently have I realized, why no one knows about it. It has no links to it, that is, you have to really look carefully, and I submitted a house more than a week ago, and it still hasnt shown up. I know that each upload must be screened, but considering that, a week to approve something is just way too long. Why not link directly to the site, and then have a person, who is already online, sapproving the items and houses, so we dont have to wait a freakin week to edit the post?

In case you are wondering which site I am referring to, its this one:http://uoem.com/sims/downloads/index.php?styleid=18

Ok, so how many of you knew about it?

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

It's one of Josh's unfinished projects, Jake.

I haven't been back there since I tested it with an upload myself (after Josh asked for testers).

I don't have moderation privileges there (or at leat none that I can find) or I would approve your upload myself ... although I can see a house uploaded last month that someone commented on an hour ago. Looks like some sneaky admin just snuck in and "approved" it.

/me declares it was not I!

3. Jakethedane

Oh, go on, Mirelly! It was you!

Well, I understand why it can take some days to get the posts cleared, but it has been like 9 days. I have so many houses to upload, and because I have them in storytelling mode, I cant keep track of which I have already uploaded to the site and which I havent.

Tell Josh to move it, Mirelly:)
    I am waiting anxiously!

4. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Hi Jake, I'm sorry it seems like you've had a long wait for the house to be approved, and in the run up to Christmas, many of us are caught up in real life stuff so not able to be moderating as often.

It's an area that hasn't been forgotten, but needs more work. I know that there have been some test layouts for the Downloads area, and things have been happening behind the scenes, but thanks for your feedback. :) I'm sure that after the New Year, the Downloads area will be receiving some much needed attention and TLC. ;)

And then we look forward to seeing many more of your creations. :D

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Jake, I still do need the attachment before I'll approve it. Could you just upload it here and I'll just attach it manually myself? :)

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

None of which answers the issue raised by Jake, nor the assertions by me that we're talking about an unfinished project.

Who is moderating it? I know I'm not ... there would be no month long gaps if I was (except when I fall out with my ISP :eek: )

7. ManagerJosh

I'm moderating it at the moment. I check daily and I posted a PM to Jake regarding the missing file.

And I tend not to approve things that aren't complete.

8. Jakethedane

About that file, I kinda deleted it....
    So the work I have sent, just delete it as well. I now know how you guys approve things, and I think I will try another system, when I upload. This way I should be able to keep the files in bundles, so I dont get confused. Josh, sorry for the misunderstanding, but I am glad that the site gets some more attention after New Years. The idea behind it is really great, and it allows for us to exchange some cool ideas.

Merry X-mas and Happy New Year!

9. ManagerJosh

If you feel up to the demand of submitting on a regular basis, I can move your account to a non-moderation status and this allows you to upload without approval from an administrator.

Mirelly, just for the moment admin's are going to be the ones processing downloads. I'll look into later having moderators process submissions later in the New Year.

10. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I wasn't asking, Josh. Just commenting that if I had the job, I would actually do it. :p

11. Jakethedane

Josh, that would help a lot! I would definetely(sp) do my best to be a good boy!

I almost feel a little tear in my eye....

Thanks!

12. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Three items uploaded.

Notes: After selecting the initial category I had to submit and get an error before I could select the sub-category.

The word "masonry" has doesn't have 2 A's. It is not masonary :p

13. Jakethedane

I love the "masonary" you uploaded, Mirelly. It takes me back to when I lived in England. Great work.

Do I have free upload rights yet, or should I wait a while to hear from Josh?

14. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

You should be able to upload stuff, Jake ... it just has to wait to be be approved ... or something ... maybe ... well, possibly ... if there's an R in the month, an S in the day and a K in the name and an admin is awake ... :D

15. Jakethedane

I thought Josh would give me free uploading rights? Or did I miss something?

Never mind.

16. ManagerJosh

I haven't enabled it on your account yet Jake. It's on my to do list for later today. I'm just a bit swamped here right now as I'm addressing bugs with the new social networking core in the forums and handling some of the incompatibility issues with the library and other modules that work hand in hand with the forums.

Mirelly has that privelege already because she's a moderator and they were cleared during the initial setup.

17. Jakethedane

I am sorry if I seem to be pushing the envelope here, I just thought for a moment, that I misunderstood the whole thing:)
    I didnt mean to sound so offensive, Josh, and I completely nuderstand that you have other things to take care of. In the meantime, I will go build away and maybe buy those last christmas presents....

Merry X-Mas!

18. ManagerJosh

Just in case you didn't see your visitor messages Jake, your account was upgraded yesterday.

19. Jakethedane

hey thanks, josh!

I appreciate it:)