Decent downloads

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by scarylodger, Dec 29, 2007.

1. scarylodger

scarylodger New Member

There's a download in my game that shuts everything down, and I can't identify what it is :mad:. I've pin-pointed it to a certain family, either an item of clothing, an eye colour, hairstyle....I just can't work out what though.

Each time I've tried to create this family, the game refuses to start up afterwards, and I've had to delete everything and go back to a previously saved game.

Very frustrating :confused::confused::confused:
    x

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

sounds like you need a quick visit to www.moreawesomethanyou.com to get their lot debugger? ps it is NOT a pay site... ignore the bizarre humor.

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

ffsdebugger.zip compatible with all versions of the game including FT ... automatically contains options for fixing whatever it sees as broken. Do not use while under the affluence of incahol.

Read the instructions before use.

Scarylodger. Remove all your downloads and try again. It might not be a download.

4. scarylodger

scarylodger New Member

Okay thanks guys, I'll give it a go.
    x

5. quackers1226

quackers1226 New Member

Before you get too crazy about raon hair read here http://community.livejournal.com/simpoly/1166.html some of these are so high poly they will SLOOOOOW your game down as well as potentially causing damage to your graphics card (if you have a lot of high poly items and a not so hot computer).

Noukie Sims always has good hair at great polys. I have also copied a Thread from the simscave forum that will tell you all about poly counts and what obj to avoid. I tend to download a lot from Sim2Play and Simply Styling. They have really nice obj and always tell you the poly count. BinesSimsRevue.de is a great site as they do excellent site updates so you can always find what is new and great without having to spend hours browsing.

6. simsguy

simsguy New Member

That's okay. :) I got a 1 GB USB stick from Wal-Mart for only $15. That thing is really useful.

7. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

quackers, thanks for the reference/info about the poly count. It does help put the brakes on frenzied downloading.