Can someone please Help me?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by neoreader626, Dec 31, 2007.

1. neoreader626

neoreader626 New Member

Can someone please Help me?

This question is for Sims 2, Castaway

I'm on the second island, currently living on East Beach. I've crafted a canoe to travel to the third island, but every time I try to go it tells me that I need to rest before entering the portal. So I go to bed, get fully rested, make sure everything is green, and try again. Same results.

I'm deeply confused, can someone help me? Perhaps I don't have all the hieroglyphic peices? Though I don't know why that would stop me. Oh please, someone help!

2. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

For what system? If your stuck on any game, www.gamefaqs.com is the best place to go.

3. neoreader626

neoreader626 New Member

PSP, and thanks, I'll go to that site.
    But while your here, could you maybe help me with another problem?

I can't find any hardwood. I've looked for Koa trees in the Deep jungle and Shipwreck lagoon, and palm trees only gives me "wood" that doesn't appear in my inventory.

4. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

I wish I could, but I dont play any console versions... :(

5. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

I've moved this to the Sims 2 forums. :)

6. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Hi, I've been playing Sims Castaway on the Wii. Hardwood, I'm pretty sure, is the wood of any tree that doesn't say "harvest soft wood" when you encounter it. Palm trees, for example, have hard wood, at least I think they do. Try harvesting different trees and then checking your inventory. It will tell you what you have.

I'm not as far along as you are in the game, don't have enough rope to make my canoe yet. I am not sure why you aren't rested enough: perhaps your sim needs a nicer bed, or you need to make sure all needs are pretty much in the green before your attempt.

Also, is your sim high in body points? I play the ranger as my main sim and that helps a lot. She's very active. She did get the "you need to rest" but was able to fulfill that with a nap on her sleeping mat, as her bed was on the other island.

7. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I played some more today and here's the answer to your question: You need the right tools to harvest certain things.

If you make the stone ax you can then harvest hard wood. The Koa tree, for example, is a hardwood tree.

The palm tree is a softwood tree, I was wrong about that one.