Heres a thought

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jakethedane, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

Heres a thought

I know that simmers can adop children, and I also know that sometimes these children can actually be children that were sent away to military academy, for not having good enough grades.

But consider this: Family A wants to adopt and when the adoption....person comes with the new member, it turns out to be Brian, the kid from next door, who suddenly never had time to play with family As daughter anymore.

Now, will he be able to hold on to his relationship with his "old" parents, or is he dead to them? Also, what happens, if his "old" parents had a daughter after he was sent away. Can he actually fall in love with his own sister?

I ask this, because I was playing one day, and usually I know the simmers that walk pass the houses. Suddenly one day, Brian (his real name is protected), came walking along the sidewalk/pavement, and I had to stop the time so my simmer in the house could go out and talk to him.

2. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Just to answer your question: No, Brian wouldn't be able to fall in love with his sister, since she still is his sister, whether he lives with her or not. The family tree will still show her as his sister.

3. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Not if he was adopted by a new family. When Sims are adopted they loose their old family trees and gain the new one. His biological sister will not show in his family tree to technically I believe that yes, they could fall in love. That's kind of screwed up if you ask me.

4. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

Thatswhat I would think, too. And yeah, its a little screwed up, considering the lengths Maxis has gone to, to make this game kiddy friendly.

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I've been meaning to test this theory. Since I started making my own townies, I have discovered that families made into townies retain their family relationships. I now kinda wonder why Maxis didn't do that from the outset with their own townies. A few families would have been sorta nice.

Mind you when little Jasmin Flyte stays over too late it's not Reginald Flyte who comes to collect his daughter, but some random townie ... so I guess that nothing quite like it should. Personally, I think it's a shame that opportunity was missed.

6. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

You're joking..! :eeek: Screwed up is right. I wouldn't think that of the sims.

7. sayaka05

sayaka05 New Member

haha, so very true.:D

8. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I've had that actually happen!! :eek: I had a romance sim who fathered children with two different women. His wife died, and he was raising his daughter alone. Then, he died, and the Social Worker took her away. I adopted her out to a good family, and everything was okay. Then, I sent her to UNI with her 1/2 brother. It was very disturbing to me when she'd walk into the room and he'd react to her, because he was very attracted to her! It got to be too "VC Andrews-ish" for me, and so I changed both their turn ons and turn offs.

9. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

Well you know when you think about it that does happen in real life on occasion. I saw a news story a while back where a woman got pregnant as a teen and gave that child up. A couple of years later she married another man moved to another state and had more children. Some how the child she gave up as a teen met one of the children she had later and they fell in love and married. They had been married for many years before it was discovered. I can't remember if they had children or what happened with the marriage though.

Ruthie