a "MUST" have?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by sayaka05, Jan 5, 2008.

1. sayaka05

sayaka05 New Member

a "MUST" have?

hey guys, i'm back. :)

hmm... still haven't got any expansions except pets and seasons, and stuff pack except happy holidays. and i hear a new expansion's coming out soon...

so i wonder, what's a "MUST" have expansion/stuff pack in your opinion?

i'm very happy with seasons, but pets pretty much was a bit of a disappointment...

2. snoopy

snoopy New Member

Must haves in my opinion

In my opinion, a must have expansion pack is definitely Nightlife. I personally only recently loaded this expansion pack and I love it. I love the cars, the whole dating thing and a funny thing that I recently discovered was that if you break someone's heart and they hate you, then they will come around to you house and do 'nasty' things like tip over your rubbish, steal your newspaper and leave flaming bags of something gross on your front door. Love it. I also like when you have a great date with someone then they will leave roses at your front door with a little note, they can also buy you presents and leave you love notes in your mailbox. Also I forgot to mention if you have a bad date with someone then they can leave you a 'hate note' in your mailbox. I also strongly recommend Bon Voyage which is the latest available expansion pack. It is so much fun. I love that you can buy vacation homes and you can discover secret locations and sooooo much more.

I hope this helps, but of course this is just my opinion, but I do agree with you about the Pets EP being a bit of a let down. I haven't bought any of the 'stuff' packs (are they any good?) but I have all 6 EP's and Nightlife and Bon Voyage are definitely my faves along with Seasons, which you already have, so you know how good it is.

Have fun playing.

3. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

I agree. I would definitely get Nightlife. It adds so much to the game, and I personally can't see my game without it. It's the best of the EPs along with Seasons and maybe Bon Voyage (I haven't played that one yet). So I think NL is definitely a "MUST HAVE" ;)

4. scarylodger

scarylodger New Member

I have nightlife in my amazon shopping basket :D, along with university. It seems a lot of the downloads need those expansions.

I have bon voyage and pets but haven't played them yet because I need a new comp to do so! I'm absolutly itching to go on them, I even dream about sims at the moment :eek:
    x

5. sayaka05

sayaka05 New Member

wow.... nightlife definately is a must have...
    maybe i'll hit the game store later this afternoon.:)
    i've always wanted my sims to have cars...
    and i also LOVE the fact that nightlife allows you to have more variety of interactions!

6. sailorchiiavalon

sailorchiiavalon Addicted to Sims 2!

I would recommend Nightlife too. It expands the dating scene and if you are on holiday, you can go on dates! Seasons is also good if you want to go to the Far East when it's snowing :)

7. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I would say, in this order, my "must haves" would be:
    1) Seasons: I love fishing, farming, and the seasons changing
    2) Nightlife: Cars, attraction
    3) OFB: more for the building and objects than the actual business gameplay
    4) BV: I enjoy taking my sims on vacation and trying to get all the vacation "memories"
    5) Pets: Again, more for the objects and added content, not for the puppies and kitties. They're cute, but not that cute!
    6) Uni: The university aspect of the game is very tedious to me. I find myself using cheats to rush my Sims through, if they attend Uni at all!

Oh, and while we're on the subject of "Must Haves", I feel that Family Fun Stuff and H&M Stuff are "must have" SP's, because there have been so many downloads online using the meshes from them.

8. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Great point! H&M especially. I don't have FFS, and I do fine without it, though I have noticed quite a few downloads on Parsimonious and MTS2 that need H&M. Nightlife is also one of those EPs that are needed for quite a few downloads on MTS2.

9. sayaka05

sayaka05 New Member

:)deff.

i just got h&m

and it's true....

like 4/10 of the downloadss i find require h&m!!

10. MurderScene.Doll

MurderScene.Doll Tamara </3

and how exactly would i get a flaming bag on my door step??

haha never experienced that before and i have had nightlife since well it came out

11. sayaka05

sayaka05 New Member

haha.
    seems everyone here is agreeing on nightlife.

i mean, what good is a sim without a car, right?
    i've always wanted my sims to be able to have more interactions with each other.