Troubleshooting Desperate

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by sandyc1212, Feb 17, 2008.

1. sandyc1212

sandyc1212 New Member

Desperate

We just bought a new IBM ThinkPad with a Windows Vista Business operating system. I cannot get my daughter's Sims 2 Deluxe to load. I think it has something to do with the folder, because I get as far as the "What type of user are you?" page. If I click on typical user, it sends me to a small window that says "Are you sure you want to quit installation?" I've tried clicking on advanced user and tried every file combination I can think of from there, but still get either the "Are you sure you want to quit" window or one that says "Cannot install to the selected directory because it may cause the system to become unstable".

HELP!!!!!:confused:

2. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

Strange...Are you logged in as an Administrator?

3. sandyc1212

sandyc1212 New Member

Yes, I am an administrator.

4. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

Man...I did a google search and I can't find any solutions, just others having the same problem :(

Ummm...I'm not sure if copying the contents from the cd/dvd to your computer would work....would it?

5. sandyc1212

sandyc1212 New Member

Yes, I tried copying the installation files to the hard drive but that didn't help. Any other ideas?

6. Heyitsandrea1

Heyitsandrea1 New Member

I am having the same problem

7. Leticron

Leticron New Member

what languages are you installing??
    Have you tried to install using the other option (advanced user/experienced user) ??
    The big difference will be, that you can chose your own path. Now just delete any unusual characters from the suggested path (I', talking about stuff like the small TM or R in a circle etc..)
    just don't change anything, you're not sure about ;)

-le