Free Time Parents

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by simgurl84, Mar 14, 2008.

1. simgurl84

simgurl84 New Member

Free Time Parents

I recently purchased Free Time and I am really enjoying it:p. One thing that is getting on my nerves is that the parents are constantly going to pick up the baby even if it is not crying or needs its diaper changed:(. This happened in the game before I bought free time but I thought that with the new ability to "study-parenting" my sims would have a little more common sense and not be always picking the baby up:confused:! I feel like I am always cancelling a sim's plans to go get their baby out of the crib:mad:. Anyone else have this problem?

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

haven't gotten that far yet... the mother is not expecting yet so I will see the same thing happens for me.

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

If I remember correctly Inge (simlogical) has a hack to stop this behaviour.

ETA I was wrong ... but she has some good hacks and stuff anyway.

4. simsguy

simsguy New Member

Is Free Time a Sims expansion? If so, for which game? I've never heard of this one before.

5. Sim2 Rox da World

Sim2 Rox da World New Member

i have the same prob but the parents do it anyway so i figure just let them do what they want

6. Figwit

Figwit New Member

I can live with the baby bothering but the thing that really bugs me is the way the parents seem to suddenly lose interest once the baby becomes a toddler. I find it quite exhausting to get the sim parent to attend to the child. The poor thing will be busting for the toilet, hungry and nearly asleep and my adult sim will decide to paint or use that wretched ballet bar. Grrrr!

Edited to add: The best sim mother I have ever had was a romance female sim. She was an unmarried mother with lots of children all with different dads. She lived in a small house with little in the way of luxury. She was not only a very attentive mother but all her children were great with each other too.

7. MurderScene.Doll

MurderScene.Doll Tamara </3

one of my families has a baby AND a toddler plus many other children in assortments of ages. and geuss who get's all the attention from the teenages and adults, the baby!!
    i think it's safe to say my toddler will just have to be happy with it's stuffed teddy :(

8. sailorchiiavalon

sailorchiiavalon Addicted to Sims 2!

The Parenting skill is very useful as you can get the adult to check the baby and then do the appropriate action. Most of the time the baby is wanting to go to bed.

I also understand about the toddler aspect as they get neglected :(

9. mzz890

mzz890 New Member

Haha yeah, I noticed that they'll pick up the children randomly, but when it obviously needs its nappy (diaper for all you americans) changed........ it just holds it.

Weird.

10. simgurl84

simgurl84 New Member

I never really noticed how the parents neglected toddlers. I will have to look out for that now.

11. sailorchiiavalon

I find it harder now to look after twins as one parent always has lower needs and needs to rest more.

The higher probability of twins was a good thing to put in the game but it may get overused.

Also now that Victor Aspir has met the more chance of twins lifetime benefit, I don't want his wife to constantly have twins :O

12. Impalagirl

Impalagirl New Member

I feel your pain! My sims had twins and it was rough taken care of them. I would get them to sleep then the mother or the father would go pick them up and wake them up again ; ;. It got so bad that I literally had to take a break from that couple...

13. MurderScene.Doll

MurderScene.Doll Tamara </3

I LOVE TWINS!!!
    they make simming fun, even if the stress nearly kills me:rolleyes:

plus i'm a twin so that adds to why i love them :D

14. sailorchiiavalon

With twins, isn't there more of a chance of either child having twins?

Definitely get the parents to study the parenting skill though, it helps to see what the baby needs :)

15. Figwit

Figwit New Member

Thanks for the hint on the parenting skill. I haven't bothered with it so far because it takes so long to study and my sims usually have other more urgent skills to learn so they can advance at work or not burn the kitchen down when they cook. I will try it now that I know it is useful.

Can I ask what might be a really dumb question? Is the nanny more expensive to hire with Freetime? She seems to cost me a fortune these days and yet I don't remember her being all that costly before. My single sim mother is basically working to pay the nanny.

16. sailorchiiavalon

I will have to use a nanny on my game and let you know Fig.

Nannies do infuriate me though :|

17. 19holly96

19holly96 New Member

Im trying to Install Free time, but when it gets to 11% a box pops up and says

"A problem occured when trying to transfer the file 'TSData\Res\Sound\Sfx2.package' from media."

i always click reply, but it just stays on 11% and the box pops up again and again!!!

please help! its infuriating!