Namely names

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by MurderScene.Doll, Mar 26, 2008.

1. scarylodger

scarylodger New Member

My latest Sim is called Blanche Darling. She's married an elderly gentleman called Cuthbert, in the hope that she'll inherit his millions. She's just had a baby called Clark, who looks more like Cuthbert than the chap down the street (phew!)
    x

2. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Yeah, thought as much, though I thought it would be good to have this as a sticky for the time being, because getting that library for names kinda thing (didn't know what to call it,sorry) is going to take a while, isn't it. And this way it would be easier to find these names when the time comes. Plus, it's nice to read about them all for the time being. :)

Blanche Darling and Cuthbert? Love it!

3. sailorchiiavalon

sailorchiiavalon Addicted to Sims 2!

I think Muffin would be a great name to have.

I named one kid Acer Aspir... like the brand. lol.

4. MurderScene.Doll

MurderScene.Doll Tamara </3

Yay my thread is sticky
    and dw muffin-tacos, absence of capitals annoys me too, don't know why i forgot :)
    Library thing sounds really good can't wait till it is up and running.

oh thought i should adds the names of my two twins (i haven't played the family in a year but love the names)

they are both girls (i think???) and called Saeran and Sakura

5. buzaranha

buzaranha New Member

Hi! :)

I make up names from cities. I pick a name and convert it into a word that sounds nice to me and makes a nice sim's name. For example: Florence, in Italy; I have a sim girl called Florentina.

I also pick names from characters in books Im reading, or even from their titles and places. If Im not reading a book that good in names, I get a good one I know well, one of those big romances with many people, and I pick names from there. I also make up names from simple words in foreign languages, using dictionaries.

If I have a family with a good theme, for instance, a family of musicians, I give their descendents instruments names, like Marie Violin or Jack Fiddler or Pianina ina (for girls) and ino (for boys) in the end of words can convert those words into names.:)

6. MurderScene.Doll

ohhh i like Ina, must use it

Thanks for the great tips, the only problem is the book i'm reading at the moment is spanish and was set a LONG time ago so it has names like Pepita, Federico and Don Anacleto.

actually they aren't that bad, maybe i can make a spanish family....:D

7. sailorchiiavalon

I like names ending in Ina. That sounds really cute :)

You could also use names of sandwich spreads e.g. Marmite, DairyLea, Heinz.. lol

8. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Or you could use names of chocolate/candy bars:

Twirl, Caramac, Aero, Crunchie, Freddo, Wispa, Bounty, and so on. Use the manufacturers as surnames, such as Cadbury, Nestle, etc. :)

9. sailorchiiavalon

Caramac McNestle lol

10. buzaranha

buzaranha New Member

Today I was talking with a friend about my cat two names and remembered - and sent him - T.S.Eliot poem "The Naming of Cats". And then I thought what a great poem it was to name sims :D
    You're kidding but I do have half a dozen families with very weird surnames... one of the oldest families in my game is called Etc (etcetera).

11. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Chose Friendly for the surname... so of course the wife is Verra and her husband is Naught So (actually thought about making that less obvious as Knot So, but I waffled.)

the twins don't have puns for names yet but since but since I have the multipainting I can change them whenever I choose.

what do you think, should I go with Eek Co and Ewe Sur or is that just a little too much?

12. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Love them, michelle! :D

How about Fami Leigh ? :p

13. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

:rolleyes:Then you can have Hap Pil, Sir Reptious, or Honest...

14. MurderScene.Doll

yummy! *drawls on keyboard*

15. sailorchiiavalon

Maybe we could bank names? e.g. Natwest, Lloyd, Barclay, HS BC :p

I'm tempted to make the BC family now.

16. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Another great source for names? Try staying after a movie is over and reading through the credits...LOTS of great name ideas amongst the Best Boys and Assistant Lighting Technicians, etc!!!

17. funkilla

funkilla New Member

I use Strangetown for my creature, breeding, and naming experiments.

I just made a new neighborhood and my four (one for each skin tone) starter families are as follows:

Willa and Thomas Monroe (a family I've always created when I do a reinstall since Sims 1) and children Jenna, Andrew, and Violet (same names as in Sims 1)

Amelia and Steven Sorenson and children Tracy and Patrick.

Antonio and Maria Jacqueson with children Reiko and Loren.

Duane and Leila Nichols with twin girls (naturally, too!) Bella and Becca.

18. MurderScene.Doll

i have found a lot of weird names that way :D

At my school we have exchange students, and they have great names such as Kaori, Yuna, Tomomi and others i can't spell.....:p

19. AshieeBabeesx

AshieeBabeesx New Member

I just go on google and type in 'baby names' and loads of links come up :) I'm guessing most people use that method too, but like i only joined this website literally 3 minutes ago and i thought this would be a nice one to post my first message lol :D

20. Valhelm

Valhelm New Member

Caliente names:
    Ignacio, Mina

Lothario names:
    Guissepe(sp?), Karina

Pleasant names:
    Marvin, Elanor

Summerdream names:
    Flute
    Pyramus
    Thisbe