News New Sims 3 preview @ Play.tm

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Judhudson, May 21, 2008.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

New Sims 3 preview @ Play.tm

Play.tm has published a new preview for The Sims 3. Much information has already been available but it is nice to hear the views from others.
    The open-world, or neighbourhood, as The Sims 3 calls it, is perhaps the main innovation Maxis will be pushing as the games 2009 debut nears. Specifics give way to the general at present, but we do know that this idea will see players following their Sims around town, going to work, meeting friends, bumping into enemies and making new chums - all in a living breathing world that will offer more opportunities for activity and engagement than past games in the venerable series. This includes visiting other peoples homes, or checking out other buildings and external locations, such as the park. Were thinking of a sort of family-friendly Grand Theft Auto at the moment, though this is probably some-way off the truth.

Storytelling will form an important part of The Sims 3, the games creators working hard to ensure every little life you foster is unique and interesting in new ways, via multitudinous combinations of environmental and random factors. What we can be sure of is that Sims will now have far greater opportunities than before.
    I do have to agree with the opening statement of the preview about the fact that if there was no Sims or Warcraft, PC gaming would be a small communityjust take a look at the NPDs that come out every month for the games sales. Sims and Warcraft dominate the charts.

2. artistvrd

artistvrd SporeMasterArti

this game is going to be scary good, those are new pics for me. Thanks for posting!

3. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

I'm worried about the graphics in this game. When I've been browsing through pictures of TS3, a lot of the graphics seem pretty blurry... I mean, look at those trees in the neighbourhood picture. What's up with that? :confused:

4. jonas3333

jonas3333 New Member

I would really like to play that 2D version of Sims3 -anyone know if that's possible?

I really, really wanna get my hands on that 2D version - you would think they might release something like that on the net for fun. I don't see why it would be a problem.

Does anyone know if this is available to check out? Or if they have indicated an intention to release that version??

I don't even know who to express that to or how to ask for it from EAxis - maybe one of you know more.

I've played some similar, unrelated 2D game on the net and this looks like it would be fun to give it a shot. *sigh* hope there's good news about this.