Wow...it's so quiet...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ManagerJosh, May 25, 2008.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Wow...it's so quiet...

Wow...I've never seen the forums so quiet before.... WHERE IS EVERYBODY!!!:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

me is here ! although some folks may be gearing up to watch the Indy 500 .

3. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

RAWR...this has been a busy weekend. Just popping in from cutting the grass and then have to go to take care of other housework.

Still have to finish building my PC too!

4. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

We headed up north to visit with the family yesterday and stayed overnight. Headed back today because Brandon needs to work on his crazy long background packet for the PD.

I've been playing with Wii Fit while he does that.

5. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Recently I've been busy with my University application and tearing my hair out. They want to know details of my previous exams taken 21 years ago. Argh! Going to have to contact exam boards and school/colleges from way back then, but I doubt they will have those details after all this time. Worst of all, I lost my Maths GCSE certificate/proof of qualification slip. Argh!!! I HATE maths!! I REFUSE to resit the exam. :bite: Shouldn't my teaching degree be enough to satisfy their entry requirement? I was told it was, but I guess I still have to prove I am who I say I am.

Finally finished my Personal Statement though after many many re-drafts, lol. And Microsoft Word said my PS was exactly 4000 characters (which is the maximum allowed) yet the UCAS site said I was 11 characters over the limit. :banghead: This is a late application anyway so might miss out altogether for this academic year. Only 20 places left.

I do have this week off work though - half term break!

6. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

I haven't really been on the internet in a while other than to play World of Warcraft... that and the boyfriend keeps me busy with my other spare time now. (4 months now, woot!) :)

7. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Congrats on the 4 months with bf, Solid. :)

I've never really explored WoW though a few of my Simchat buddies play it, even more than Sims 2. I guess that most of us have moved to other games as well as simming. With me, it's been Maplestory. (Thanks Josh for making me an addict! lol.) I haven't played as much as I did in the first few months but there are times when, for stress relief, a good smacking of monsters is just what you need. ;) :p

8. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

I don't know about where you live or teach but here at our school we narrowed our search recently to about three people for a faculty position. This one guy was in that three. Well when they went in to do a background check on the guy they found out that none of his credentials were reliable. It ends up that not only did we pull his name from our list of potential hires but now he will probably loose the position he has at the college he works for now. Schools are really having to do in depth background checks now. We are asking many many more background questions and requiring more documentation then we ever have in the past.

Ruth

9. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Ruthie, eeek that's bad, very bad indeed. I do understand the need for background checks, and fully support them - especially where children are concerned. Sorry if I didn't make it clear what I meant to say. :eek: I have proof that I am fully CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) checked already and have been at least 4 times in the last 4 years since leaving teaching. I have proof of my degree - my Certificate - and I have my Teacher Registration Number with the General Teaching Council in the UK. I have all my lower level certificates except two - one was never sent to me but I didn't think I would ever need it once on the teaching degree course. The other is my Maths GCSE which is required for this new course I'm applying for, although I couldn't have trained as a teacher without achieving that, and I have proof of my teaching degree soooo argh lol. :banghead:

Ruthie, I'm glad they do background checks so rigorously, I really am. And I have no-one to blame for my predicament except myself, lol. I made the mistake of thinking that once qualified as a teacher I wouldn't change careers nor need proof of my prior achievements ever again. At the time you think that's it - your new qualification overrides any others achieved, so I never bothered chasing up the two I was missing.

I did have a choice of retaking the Maths test at the university, or paying 30 for a replacement certificate with the exam board (if I ever find out who they merged with as they no longer exist). I chose to find the exam board, lol, but I've just done an online Maths test to see how I well I would do and I far exceeded the minimum % for a pass, so I might just resit the test. The other qualification I achieved doesn't need to be listed at all, as my uni advised me that my degree exceeds their entry requirement anyway.

Sorry I moaned and groaned and whined and threw a hissy fit. :eek: I had just been tearing out my hair with the UCAS online form and had been working forever on the Personal Statement for it to tell me I was over the limit, when I wasn't according to MS Word. Tantrum is over, lol. *bops self on head* :p

10. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

Sorry, been occupied with my new job. Things are really crazy sometimes

11. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

How's your new job, Lew? :D

12. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

So far so good. Lots of eye candy around heh heh.

13. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

And silence from the Lewdini as well :p

14. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

So tell us more.... :D Is there a future Mrs Lewdini amongst them? :p

15. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

I haven't been around much because I'm using the old internet, and since WS is all hightech these days, it gets messed up when I visit (well, I think that's the problem anyway). My computer can't be upgradeable in any way really since it's all messed up. I do visit as a guest occationally though. I am around, but not always when you'll see me. ;P

16. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

Haven't been around much, my family has been a mess recently. My grandmother passed away and my aunt had a stroke... so yeah. Things have been rather chaotic.

Come summer, though, I should be around more--thank God for small favors.

17. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

John, so sorry to hear about your grandmother and aunt. :( If there's anything we can do just let us know. How's your aunt doing now?

18. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

She's doing well. Her speech is slow, but clear, so if you didn't know her you'd never know she had a stroke. She has to quit smoking, though, and is worried that they won't let her drive. She goes for a test in a few weeks to see if her reflexes are good enough for that. Otherwise, she's doing well. :) Thanks for asking :)

19. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

Sorry to hear the bad news, I am glad things are turning around for you though. Take it easy :)

20. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Hi everybody! been lurking not posting... 2 plus months to go til I become a gramma. Everything aok with my daughter. a lot better off than I was at this point.