Troubleshooting Help With Sims Deluxe?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by kmm3792, Jul 10, 2008.

1. kmm3792

kmm3792 New Member

Help With Sims Deluxe?

I lost the fourth cd to my Sims 2 game, so I tried my sister's Sims 2 Deluxe cd, and my computer wouldn't read it. I went out and bought the Double Deluxe, and the same thing happens. The window that would pop up automatically to install it doesn't come, and when I go through my control panel and to add/remove programs and say that I have a cd in my hard drive to install, it says there's nothing there. I know its not my cd drive because I can play audio cds on it and I play other games and it reads them fine. Whats wrong?

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

You may have to completely uninstall the old game before it will let you run the new cd to reinstall it. Go into your add/remove programs and uninstall it from there.
    I would back up the downloads folder so you won't have to reinstall your custom content.
    Actually you should copy the whole Sims2 folder if you want to save your saved game and any sims you want to keep.

3. Leticron

Leticron New Member

Could it be, that you only have a CD drive???
    Double Deluxe comes on DVD !!

-le

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

OOPS I didn't know that! Thanks for telling me though!