Pop-up bubble problem with Dell Inspiron 1501

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by kshuff2, Aug 3, 2008.

1. kshuff2

kshuff2 New Member

Pop-up bubble problem with Dell Inspiron 1501

I am at my wits end with this! Can anyone tell me how to fix the popup bubble problem on dells? When you click on an item/person for your sim to take action, the popup bubbles disappear with .5 seconds. I have tried all of this restoring your computer, downloading from the dell website, everything so far that I've seen, I've tried. I am running XP not Vista. PLEASE HELP!

2. markeeta_rd4

markeeta_rd4 New Member

i dont know if you have had this problem persistant or if it just started happening but the same thing is happening to me. but the thing is that it just started. the ways that i know to fix it is to right click on the icon and and run it as an administrator. i dont know if that will work for you but i have dont all of it for mine and nothing is working at this moment. but i dont know that EA games are compatible with vista and XP. you are having this problem with XP and im having it with vista, and we both have the 1501, maybe its the model of computer? i mean its a hell of a coincidence.

3. kshuff2

kshuff2 New Member

I'm positive its the computer, I have read in plenty of forums about this, but no one has a solution that seems to work. Mine just started too, I think it might have something to do with the Windows Automatic Updates, but I can't figure it out.

4. icecubemachine

icecubemachine New Member

Solution:
    (this works for a Dell Inspiron 1501 and a Dell Vostro 1000)

first:
    check your symptoms!
    right click on your Desktop, go to the Screensaver tab and press the "preview" button.
    If your screensaver disapears within 1-2 seconds, without you touching your keyboard/touchpad/mouse, you've got the proper problem. (lol)

second:
    turn off your laptop, remove the battery, and press and hold the power button for 10-12 seconds (or longer to be on the safe side). Put the battery back, main screen turn on, etc. Just turn on your laptop, and the problem will be fixed.

I know, this solution doesn't make any sense, and it's completely illogical and whatnot, but it actually works. (Srsly, this is the most ridiculous solution ever.)
    If you have a matching system/problem and this solution doesn't work, post it somewhere on the interwebs. Perhaps here.

IceCubeMachine out

[edit]
    this is not my solution btw. If it works, cred goes to some blog somewhere on the interwebs and some, in said blog fore mentioned, dark and obscure Dell support forum.
    [/edit]

5. disneyya

disneyya New Member

Oh my gosh!!!

It really fixed it I cant believe that, that really worked I had my doubts but it fixed it and for all you guys out there I am almost positive it is a windows update problem or a problem with your keyboard. But thanks for the idea it saved me a whole lot of time. This happened to me before so if this does not work for anyone else I reinstalled vista and my drivers for my graphics card as well as getting up dates, it might also be your mouse so if you have a laptop get a real mouse to plug into your computer and disable your laptop mouse well thats it for now thanks!!

6. mcdevitt1985

mcdevitt1985 New Member

Wow

Alright, that was definately a weird fix.

I had tried everything from installing Windows 2000 - Windows Vista.

The removing the battery and holding the power button worked.

No logical explaination why that works but I do not care.

Thank you.

7. bethynee

bethynee New Member

Hi, I was searching online for a way to fix the vanishing pie menus problem, and came across this answer. I tried the solution, and the menu now lasts a little bit longer (1-2 seconds) but still goes away. My question is did I do it correctly. I was hoping you could tell me...when you remove the battery, do you also unplug the power cord? Thank you!

8. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

This happens with the screen saver as well? Might be something to do with the trackpad getting stuck or something. Maybe try plugging in a USB mouse and disabling the trackpad to see if that helps.