Spore Creature Creator Demo won't work

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by doudou123, Aug 4, 2008.

1. doudou123

doudou123 New Member

Its not a laptop... yea i have installed the new drivers now i just ran the installation again and it worked but still no difference, swmeeks suggestion had no effect....
    Everything seems to be so problamatic

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Well the only other explanation I have is simply your computer is too old. I looked at your dxdiag again and it only shows you have a 1.4GHz processor. (Athlon 1400), not a 2.0GHz (2000)

3. doudou123

doudou123 New Member

Really? thats weird i could have sworn it was a 2.0Ghz. Is there anyway possible to get it to run on a 1.4? i heard that if u turn all the options down to lowest quality its specs are lower than the Sims 2, which has run before easily on my computer. But because I cant edit the options without running the game first, I can't change them. Maybe if someone turned all their options to lowest and posted up their config folder it might help, but at the moment i dont know which bits of it to change.

4. ManagerJosh

Probably not. You're already barely hitting the bare minimum requirements.

5. doudou123

doudou123 New Member

Would it be worth a shot? the config folders only a few kbytes

6. ManagerJosh

What's to prevent those config files from being updated? :)

7. doudou123

doudou123 New Member

updated? sorry i dont quite get what you mean

8. ManagerJosh

What's to prevent the Creature Creator from updating those config files? Your computer changes constantly (adding new files, maintenance, deleting files) and your computer keeps track of it.

9. doudou123

doudou123 New Member

ok but would u mind giving it a try, setting all the options to lowest and posting up te config files?

10. doudou123

doudou123 New Member

ANybody willing to help?
    If somebody could please follow these simple steps it would be much appreciated.

1) Open Spore creature creator trial
    2) Turn all your options down to the lowest quality setting
    3) Post up these files:

ConfigManager.txt
    Properties.txt
    Preferences.txt
    VideoCards.txt

If you could do this for me it would be much appreciated.

11. ManagerJosh

There is no Preferences.txt.

12. doudou123

doudou123 New Member

oh ok must of got that wrong just the other 3 then. Someone? please?

13. doudou123

doudou123 New Member

Anyone?
    If this doesn't work, is there anyone who has got spore running on a below system spec computer? If yes could you plz post up ur specs?

14. ManagerJosh

I tried to get Spore to run on a laptop with a 945GM graphics chipset (one generation older than 965GM) and the laptop flat out rejected it.

15. doudou123

doudou123 New Member

Ok then what about the config files?

16. ManagerJosh

Unfortunately I can't give you the files since the ones I'm using are for Spore and not Spore Creature Creator. Even if I had Spore Creature Creator, the ones I have are the retail version and not the demo. Sorry.

If someone wants to upload them, feel free to.

17. doudou123

doudou123 New Member

Yeah does anybody feel like they could do this for me?
    Please?

PS in the mean time could you do this with the retail version, because i just bought it off eBay(Creature creator) and should be recieving in a few days.

18. doudou123

doudou123 New Member

Hi there
    I have recieved the spore creature creator retail version today and i have the exact same problem... Install works fine but when i click on it same old. could u please post up the config files? if that is no help I can always send it on...

19. doudou123

doudou123 New Member

Are u going to do it 4 me? Please?

20. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Just so you know that this will only work with someone who has not installed Spore yet.
    Seeings how the majority of us here have done so it will hard for you to find someone who has not done so yet.
    For those of us who have installed the game means we would have to uninstall Spore and then reinstall SCC , gather the info you need and then reinstall Spore again.
    In case you haven't heard we can only install Spore 3 times on our computers and then we have to beg EA to install a 4th time plus show proof of purchase.
    Most people aren't going to risk losing one of our activations to do so.
    I'm sorry but most us can't help you.
    You might get lucky and someone who hasn't installed Spore will come along and see this and help you out.
    Have you contacted Ea's support department with your problem?