Google Chrome, Google's Browser

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ManagerJosh, Sep 1, 2008.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

2. ManagerJosh

3. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

Safari still pwns :p

4. ManagerJosh

Google Chrome is using a Safari core, with Google Inspired Interface, Browser, Systems, and Google Javascript Engine :p

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/0.2.149.27 Safari/525.13

5. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Well sell it to me. It won't be too difficult - my Firefox version 'thatworkedjustfinesowhydidtheyfixwhatwasn'tbroken' was updated to the newest version and now it can't grasp the concept of z0mg 'show my windows and tabs from last time...'.

It's most annoying to have to manually load up all my tabs every time I restart Firefox. Worked fine before the update.

So because I'm too lazy to look, tell me what's good about Google Chrome? What makes it better than IE7 or Firefox?

6. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

Ehhh... I'll be honest, I'm not big on the interface. But the features it has are exciting. If it's skin-able, I'd download. :)

The major thing with Chrome, Hugz, is that it's supposed to be a much better platform than anything that currently exists. Google did a lot of its own coding, with the help of Apple and Mozilla (yes, the Firefox people) leading to increased stability and speed.

It's just ugly as heck. :p

7. Bassoonist

Bassoonist Bassoons rock!

I downloaded it and tried it.

I don't really like how it looks all of that much. I think I'll stick with FireFox... because, yes, I am shallow enough to make my choice on just how it looks. :D

8. CHawk32

CHawk32 New Member

I am surprised that there isn't a mac version of it released, or at least I didn't see one.

I use it on my PC at work, and I like it's simplicity and sleekness a lot more than firefox. No offense to firefox fans, but I just think that it's ugly.

9. ManagerJosh

I presume you mean Firefox is plain ugly? Hahaha.

10. CHawk32

CHawk32 New Member

(late response) Indeed I do! Don't get me wrong, it's great, and open source to boot, but yeah, it's not so easy on the eyes . . .

11. ManagerJosh

Not to mention that !@#$% leaks worst than the Titanic. Ugh. Don't get me started on its memory leaks. It's atrocious.