Spore Play online with my friends

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by FierceCypriot88, Sep 8, 2008.

1. FierceCypriot88

FierceCypriot88 New Member

Play online with my friends

Is there a certain stage where it becomes real time action? I'd like to play with my friends on the same planet or however possible so I was just wondering at what point does that start to happen if at all. I'm currently in the tribal stage.

2. mrcorpse

mrcorpse New Member

You can't.

From http://www.xspore.com/custom_content/292_spore_multiplayer.html

"There are currently no plans to make Spore multiplayer, nor will there ever be it seems, as Will Wright has always said no to this question. He has called the game "massively single-player", meaning that you cannot interact with other players planets, but you can download their creatures and put them in your game. Will Wright has explained that he wouldn't want to do multiplayer, because of the several bad possibilities. The person who owns that planet might not be playing the game, your planet gets blown up when you're not looking, etc. Another factor may be that Will's only flop to date was The Sims Online."

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Spore is a single, massive online role playing game. Unless someone comes out with a really good mod (which I'm all for), we're pretty much playing among ourselves.