News Ads on your tv, ads on the radio, and now ads in your ‘The Sims 3′ game

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Judhudson, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

Ads on your tv, ads on the radio, and now ads in your ‘The Sims 3′ game

[​IMG]Advertising….you got to love it.* Or do you?* We have to put up with ads everywhere we go - newspapers, television, radios…just very recently have they started to appear in video games.* Well, brace yourselves - your Sims will start to get real-life ads in The Sims 3.

EA is in the process of inking a deal with IGA (In-Game Ads) to include the latest ads for movies and products to be plastered around your town. Using an active internet connection, the ads will update themselves often to reflect current products on the market.

“Advertising is very organic to the ‘Sims 3′ experience,” said Steve Seabolt, VP-global brand development for the Sims label. Movie-theater posters and billboards will host ads, and EA will continue to integrate brands into the gameplay.

While I myself don’t mind, I know many folks will be upset.* I love to add realism to my game…but I completely understand those who strictly want to keep real-life products from overtaking your gaming experiences.

Source:* Advertising Age

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Well if I get it I'll be playing off-line anyways so their stupid ads shouldn't be working.

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Just watch Steve. Like Spore, you need to activate your game online first :D :p...and viola there are your ads :D :rotfl:

4. swmeek

Yeah but only the first time ! (knock on wood)
    Hopefully we won't have to keep an online connection in order to play it every stinking time!

5. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

NO! No, no no no NO!

This isn't right. I'm bombarded with ads EVERYWHERE. I do not need real life ads in the game that I play to escape from reality for a few hours!

6. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Watch out John. You may start seeing this soon enough :p. It appeared in Burnout Paradise

Attached Files:

7. swmeek

Gamespot has a poll up about this right now asking what people think.
    I think the highest voted one was something like Yes but only if I can crash my car through it! :rotfl:
    Ads are a crock of poop in my opinion!
    Like John why in heckfire would I want to see ads in something I use to escape from everyday life for?
    Is this supposed to make me suddenly shut down my game and go buy it or something?

8. jeffrompas

jeffrompas New Member

LOL, They said that tere'll be real ads on the TV in SIMS 3 too. Try to crash your car there.

9. swmeek

Another reason building up not to buy it!

10. aluminumcrow

aluminumcrow New Member

I don't mind ads, I 'm not one of those people who feel bombarded by them... But then again I guess that's because I quit watching TV after I through a tumbler through the screen when a really super annoying commercial came on where the voice was shouting at me telling me to do stuff. Ugh I hope these aren't going to be loud noisy ads. I'll have to delete the game.

When I'm playing the sims I like being immersed in a fantasy world. I like enjoying the work and creativity that went into it. If I have to start watching ads for Hollywood's newest stupid horror movie I'll probably get really really pissed off.