News Music and pictures from Steve Jablonsky working on The Sims 3 theme

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Judhudson, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

Music and pictures from Steve Jablonsky working on The Sims 3 theme

I uploaded the theme from The Sims 3 that Steve Jablonsky has composed for the game. I also have saved a few screens from his work environment.

Here’s a video I put together of the theme

Attached Files:

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Added The Sims 3 Theme to the news post :D

3. Judhudson

Thanks! :)

You know, I love the fact that they went with an orchestra. However, I'm a little curious on why they didn't decide to create a new theme. Guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it :p

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Because people will hear it somewhere and their wallets will start twitching because they'll start thinking of sims and sims2!

5. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

I'm still not buying Sims 3, ever, but I did download the theme above and it's very droolworthy. I'll definitely be buying the Sims 3 music, but no game. I'm done with the Sims franchise, happy with what I've got, but no intentions of being screwed again by SecuROM.

Absolutely LOVE the Sims 3 theme - added to WMP, set to repeat, wonderful.
    :)

Also, I actually got chills seeing those pics that you uploaded in the YT vid, Jud. Seeing all those musicians together, making this awesome song, gave me chills. Imagine seeing that live, eh?

I guess it's not a secret that I love game music - take Maplestory for example, its music collection has some of the most passionately written tunes I've ever heard in my life. I rate gaming music higher than normal everyday chart music, and some of my playlists are entirely made up of game music that I listen to for hours without a break.

6. ManagerJosh

For the record, no DRM has been picked so its not fair yet to write off Sims 3 :) For all we know, EA could pick another method of DRM enforcement other than SecuROM.

7. Judhudson

I too love videogame music. When I'm at work I usually surf youtube's playlist for game music to listen to :p

Orchestrated music especially is awesome. I went to a John Williams orchestra event (I don't know if it was him or a tribute orchestra) and was blown away with the music they played!

8. swmeek

Raises hand! Me also, I like game music as well as alot of classical music too!
    I could listen most of John Williams music any day of the week.
    Heck I use to have a cassette of the original Star Wars music I would listen to in the car when I was driving somewhere.

9. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Glad I'm in good company. Have either of you two heard the awesome music by Hans Zimmer? Here's one of his tracks on a soundtrack CD (not game music though) I've been desperate to buy:

Another game that has some awesome music is Final Fantasy (7 and beyond). One of my all time favourites, a full orchestra piece, is from FF7, Aerith's theme (her death scene); it can bring me to tears very very quickly:

... and who can forget the Gold Saucer? This makes me wanna go marching down Main Street... :

... and dang, this brings back memories! CHOCOBOS!

I think I had better stop there, or this thread is gonna become very long. Makes me wanna go plug in the Playstation and start playing FF7!

10. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Maybe not fair to write off Sims 3 based purely on the issue of its DRM.

What I should have said is that I'm not buying because: I have no trust or faith in EA as a company, I'm no longer a loyal fan, EA couldn't give a darn about its loyal fans so I don't give a darn about its games, I am still angry about the SecuROM stunt that was pulled last year with BV (and I am still £33 in the hole for that - a game and guide that are useless to me) and with the fact that my computer got screwed up by SecuROM last year, need I go on?

I can live without Sims 3 in my life. In the bigger scheme of things, it's not important. I love the music, but as for the game I'll give it a miss. To be frank, I no longer trust EA - they made their position perfectly clear: they are a business and they have chosen to put profits/ revenue ahead of customer care/loyalty. My position is clear too: I'm putting my right to computer privacy/functionality and online security first. I can live without new games - EA can't.

The music is still good though.

11. ManagerJosh

Hmm...I wonder if EA will stick SecuROM on Sims 3 Soundtrack CDs...hmmmmm :D :D :D :ducks:

12. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

I also question the logic of not creating a new theme.

And I think the opening sounds a little bit Desperate Housewives. :p

13. Judhudson

And that is where you jump on youtube, find the songs/theme of the game you want, save the flash file and then convert it to MP3. I do that too all the music I want. Beats illegally downloading it and I still get it for free :p

Speaking of which, would that even be declared illegal? :confused:

14. ManagerJosh

Even if you converted it Jud, the sound quality isn't as good. The sound is usually compressed into a 2D space.

15. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Adding SecuROM or something similar to the music CDs would just send everyone to the dark side, like they did with the games. It's kinda funny in a way, that adding SecuROM to help control piracy has actually had the opposite effect - people (yes, many previously legit paying customers) actually sought out how to use pirated versions to bypass SecuROM. End result? Less revenue, more piracy. It has to be the most epic fail of all. (n)

John - I'm glad they've not created a new theme altogether, because I love to hear different versions of the existing songs. Like with NL, they used creators such as Junkie XL to put a different feel to the existing tunes. Totally loving the Sims 3 theme - can't wait to hear more Sims 3 music, whether it's new stuff or remixes of older stuff. I just like the approach taken so far with having Steve Jablonsky and his ideas. :)

16. swmeek

Aerith's death scene and the music sure does bring back back some memories.
    One of the best parts of the game in my opinion.
    Yes it does make me wanna dig mine out too!

17. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Found this FMV with the original game music of Aerith's death. I cried again. This scene could make me cry a million times over. *sniff*

EBIL Sephiroth!! When he smirked, I wanted to shove that sword right up his *ahem*. Anyway, enjoy the vid!

18. swmeek

You and me both Hugz!