What do you think of The Sims 3?

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by ManagerJosh, Jun 2, 2009.

1. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I've only played the game for a day as I just got it. So far I like it (although I miss Maxmotives!)

I like it that they started off with being able to walk or bike to things, as well as get cars (which I haven't done yet). I've only used a taxi once and that was because I sent both my Sims to the movies. (I guess the game doesn't let them both bike there, although that's why I have a bike for each of them.)

I really like the buy/build modes. I think it will help keep the game from getting as bogged down with custom content since we don't need a special file to get different colors of objects or clothes. I just wish that you could color the stairs and fences the same way.

I don't like that you essentially lose the place of your active Sims if you choose to play another household. Since they continue to age when you leave them to play somewhere else, I'm going to miss having 6 families to play in rotation. But then I'll go through the generations faster. (I only got through 13 generations with my TS2 set of 6 families.)

I do hope that they will have a city creator pack so that you can make your own neighborhoods. I hope they don't require that you get a different city game to do it. (I loved using SimCity 4 to make my own neighborhood templates, but I already had SC4 so it wasn't financially difficult.)

I'm KatAnubis over on TS3, so if you're near it, don't hesitate to stop by my SimPage and friend me!

2. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

Just got the game 2 hours ago. I'm totally lost.lol I have no idea of what I'm doing.:rolleyes: Should I be seeing fish?
    BTW Hi Josh :D

3. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

You should be seeing fish where bodies of water are..yes. :biggrin:

4. Odinmoon

Mmmm maybe my pond wasn't deep enough? I can see the fish in sims2 seasons. :)

5. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Ah, well for the pond, you actually have to go fishing in the sea/rivers then place your captured fishes in the pond. :biggrin:

6. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

You can fish in a pond where you can't see fish, at least you can with Awesomemod anyway.

7. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Yeah you can still fish in the ponds with a vanilla game .
    But like Nyx said go to the other places you can see fish and transport them to your fishin' hole!

8. Odinmoon

Thanks :) I think I will be filling up the how to thread.:D

So back to this Topic. I love the game after a bit of getting used to it. :)

9. Odinmoon

Mmm after playing it for a bit. Yes I do. No I don't. Yes I do. No I don't. Yes I do.:confusion:

I miss all the places to go to that have people. Like dance clubs and stuff. I miss the snow and rain and thunder. I miss the more objects in Sims2.
    However. I tried playing sims 2 after playing sims3 And I found I've been spoiled by the graphics in sims3. So it's a bit of give and take. :rolleyes:

10. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

It is indeed a different game!
    But at least we're not stuck with Ea's fugly textures for stuff!

11. DannysBear

DannysBear Bear of Scotland

It certinly is different. I like the fact the do there thing now and dont really run back and forth to the bog all the time. But things are missing. Which should have been in it

12. kamrinjacobs

kamrinjacobs New Member

Well, i won't rush on 3, because i still haven't seen all what can be done with sim2 .
    3 looks promising. more personalizations, and more building options

13. elussya

elussya New Member

I love it - it's a huge improvement :)

14. byublue

byublue New Member

Sims 3? so far got no problem, i love it. very nice improvement! :)

15. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

what do you love most about it?

16. Laliki

Laliki New Member

Sims 3 is different from #2 some things fro #2's expantions I mis though

17. Jassey

Jassey New Member

I recently installed it on my Computer and It is the best. I Like it very much. I found a little bit bugs in spite of these it is beautiful and interesting good game. Buy pet accessories

18. BrettMo

BrettMo New Member

I love it!

19. ashleyy

ashleyy New Member

i have played sim 1 and 2 i think sim 3 will gonna be great.My friend always asks about sim 3....

20. ashleyy

ashleyy New Member

I loved it its really nice.