What phone should I get?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ManagerJosh, Aug 25, 2009.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I'll certainly do a buy it now...with Steve's new debit card :D

2. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

....like you guessed I do say "iPhone!!!!" but if you don't like AT&T it doesn't do you too much good :p

3. ManagerJosh

Jailbroken iPhone perhaps? :D

4. wishfulanthony

wishfulanthony A Proud San Franciscan

I wanna join in this lively discussion...

I have some questions to ask:

- Is the phone you'll be getting next will have the same network as you have? If yes, chances are your replacement phone will be cheaper since you'll be sticking to the same network. If no, well, you'll sign a new two-year deal (which could be tad cheaper than replacing it with a new phone), but the service may be better or worse off than the other one.

- Are you concerned about style or functionality? Great, so your phone could be a Blackberry or iPhone or even an older-style Nokia, but, if you want the style, then prepare to spend hundreds of dollars to make your phone look great with your personality. On top of that, if you want the latest games, well, shell out some more cash to download those fancy programs! If you're for functionality, great, since what do you usually use your phone for: text messaging, phone calls, fax (arggh, why does T-Mobile have the sentence for a cell phone call "To send a fax, press 4 now"?), instant messaging, basic games... again, it's a matter of choice and flexibility on what you want for your next phone.

- Have you ever been concerned on how much radiation spits out from your phone when you make a phone call? There's a study made on how much your phone emits radiation when you make a phone call, and no matter how expensive or cheap, stylish or slim your phone is, still, it gives out some radiation, which in large amounts, could potentially cause brain cancer. Here's some recent information (link to the group concerned on cellphone radiation not included, though) on the harmful effects of putting your ear on the cellphone: http://www.ktvu.com/news/20825704/detail.html

Hopefully, you can decide on whether or not you get either a LG or Blackberry or iPhone... but, what's important is that you use it! :D

5. ManagerJosh

I care for functionality. Like I have to be able to able to use bluetooth, sent texts efficiently, be able to have long battery life (or decent) for a day's use. Reliability is another thing since I tend to love to use everything I own to the fullest possible

6. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Find you one of those hats with the solar cells on it and just keep your phone plugged in while you're out walking around in the California sunshine! :ducks:

7. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

Don't do that :p

8. ManagerJosh

Why is that? :D

9. ManagerJosh

I'm getting a new phone!! YAY!!! :D

10. wishfulanthony

And what phone is this? An iPhone? :p

11. ManagerJosh

Haha. I wish I could afford an iPhone :D

12. wishfulanthony

Well, is it a phone with a music player integrated in it?

13. ManagerJosh

Yes it is!! :D

14. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Then what is it!?

15. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Do we have to play the darn guessing game with you and your toys everytime? :ducks:

16. wishfulanthony

Hehehe I like guessing games...

17. ManagerJosh

So I got an iPhone :D

18. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

/me shakes head.

19. ManagerJosh

LOL...what flamey? :D