News 6/30/09 – Two new Sims 3 Tools

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Judhudson, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

6/30/09 – Two new Sims 3 Tools

Seems like every day, another brilliant mind in the Sims Community comes up with a new tool to modify gameplay.* I’m not complaining though, after all it’s my primary purpose to stay updated reporting about these!* Anyhow, in the past day, here are two new tools that were made available:* Auto Cheat and The Sims 3 STBL Editor!

Auto Cheater
    Source: ModTheSims
    Copyright: Random667

[​IMG]

This program allows you to assign hotkeys for any commands or cheat codes that you find yourself entering too often.* Upon execution this program will launch the Sims 3 for you, and set your F1 – F8 keys to act as hotkeys that will automatically enter your chosen commands into the games console.

[​IMG]

Sims 3 STBL Editor
    Source: ModTheSims
    Copyright: Namethief

[​IMG]

With this editor you can change ingame text, like item description, job description, job names, etc.

To get it to work you’ll need some things first:

• You need the Java Runtime Environment. Chances are good that you already have it, but if you can’t open the “Sims3 STBL editor.jar” found in the archive you’ll need to download and install it. The Java SE Runtime Environment can be found here: Java SE Runtime Environment
    • You need to extract the proper STBL from the fullbuild0.package (with proper I mean it depends on where you live. If you are french for example you want to extract the FRE_STBL and not the ENG_US one…). This can be done with a tool named S3PIDemoFE, which you can find at S3PIDemoFE tool
    • S3PIDemoFE can also be used to create a new package where you put your new STBL into.
    After you’ve grabbed the above you can use the tool (just extract the rar-content wherever you like). You load the proper STBL into the tool and then you can change the text to whatever you want it to be. Keep in mind that the tool won’t change the extracted STBL, it makes a fresh copy of it, just changing the things you have changed in the tool. The new STBL can be found in the Out-subfolder and that is the file you need to put into a new package.

For a good explanation of what you need to do read this thread: Tutorial – How to Change Career Names/Job descriptions! It’s about changing jobnames, but there’s no real difference in changing other game text. Read it to get an idea of how to extract that STBL file. If you already know how to extract files from a package – the String Tables can be found in the \GameData\shared\Packages\fullbuild0.package. There’s one for every language and you’ll need to extract the one you’re using. The tool should work with every language file.

2. iscoobydoobydoo

iscoobydoobydoo New Member

Does any one know if downloading the simlogical for the sims 2 is safe? i dont want to download it and get viruses :( Please help!:) it would be really cool :D

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

I'm sure if it comes from simlogical it will be fine.
    You can always download the program and scan the file before you install it.