The percent of posts... curious

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Emidio, Nov 6, 2002.

1. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

I played gorilla too!

2. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Yeah?? Isn't it fun.

*giggles and waves her arms like the yellow gorillas*

3. lewdini

I want some bananas!

4. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Lol Here you are..

*Throws an exploding banana at Lew*

5. Droz

Droz New Member

I'm rebuilding my DOS computer so that I can play a game called Privateer II, its an awesome RPGish thing, but I'm actually spending my time building a computer out of things that I'm too young to remember when they came out. Luckily I fould a copy of DOS 6.1, never opened, for free. (Now all I need is for it to recognize the decrepid CD drive.

6. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Ok Droz. DOS 6.11 and windows 3.11 doesn't accept a higher CD-drive than 4X. Believe me and I have a 486 AMD DX100 processor. One of the best there was. :classic:

7. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

... I didn't know that computers that ran on DOS HAD cd drives!! :p hahaha.... err.... shows how ancient the stuff I dealt with was... hrmmmm... :p

8. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

I think the first HDD's came with the last 8088's butthey were a fact on the 286's anyway. My HDD was big - 20 MB!!! Yay!!

Most 8088's had 2 disc drives for 5,25" floppys. I had one like that - then the 3,5" floppys came and WOW!! They didn't break that easy ;) No CD-Rom's though and no VGA or SVGA graphic. I played my first Simcity game on that puter. :classic: My old 286.

9. timz2rules

timz2rules New Member

i have some pinball games for DOS and an old WWII game all on DOS :D

10. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Those old games, simple but they were fun in their simplicity. Rough graphis, a lil speaker inside the puter that said "beep" in a metallic way. No music. But they were still a lot of fun. :classic:

11. sugar_junkie

sugar_junkie Active Member

um,nina,can i ask a quesion?? why on earth were you and lew talkin bout gorillas??

12. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I think it was an old computer game they used to play.... something with yellow gorillas, that ran in DOS? And apparantly threw bananas?! :p

13. lewdini

explosvie bananas....u forgot the explosive :p

14. sugar_junkie

lol,but why on earth explosive bananas???

15. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

EXPLOSIVE bananas!! OK I missed that part of it! :p

16. sugar_junkie

*is still VERY confused*

*calls lew or nina back and asks em ta explain* lol :p

17. timz2rules

timz2rules New Member

sounds like fun, try eating one :p

18. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Ohhh.... Hmm.. How to explain simple? Uhm. Imagine a line oh houses in differant sizes across the screen. Then there re 2 yellow gorillas standing on a roof each on different heights as well.Btween there are houses of different sizes as well. Now ou are 2 players with one gorilla each. By typing in angle and speed you get the gorilla to throw an exploding banana towards the other gorilla.
    The first player to hit the opponent gorilla with the exploding banana take a point. How many points, gravity level etc can be decided before the game starts. :classic:

(Does this make sense?)

19. alapokeygirl

alapokeygirl Very much in LOVE

Does to me, I had that game too! As well as some other DOS games. (are we showing our age yet?) LOL :LOL:

20. lewdini

Ala...u are still young...and that goes for Nina too....cant say the same for Josh :p