Midnight Cravings :D

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ManagerJosh, May 7, 2011.

1. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Once in a while I get a craving for some iced coffee, but normally I don't like coffee. :confused:

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

eeewwwwww!

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

What are you ewwwing about?? It's only coffee

4. swmeek

Coffee is gross in my opinion!

5. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

I agree, other than those rare times I get a weird craving for them. :rolleyes:

6. djrules5454

djrules5454 Wiivolutionary

I often get cravings for chocolate chip cookies late in the night. Not quite sure why.

ManagerJosh likes this.
  7. ManagerJosh

Dang, now I'm in the mood for some good, old fashion, oatmeal raisin cookies...

8. djrules5454

djrules5454 Wiivolutionary

I'm not really a fan of oatmeal or raisins in cookies.

9. ManagerJosh

Really?? wow i love them ONLY if they are soft. I hate the super hard as rock kind. They must be chewy, and moist :)

10. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

That usually takes the addition of either glucose or high fructose corn syrup. Those stay moist whereas ones made with sucrose or other sweeteners get hard.

11. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Or you could always make them from home. Those usually stays soft and chewy. :giggle:

12. KatAnubis

They do if you use Karo syrup in them, because of the glucose in the Karo syrup.

13. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Really?! I've never tried using Karo syrup, I just use regular white and brow sugar.
    I'll try the syrup next time.

14. swmeek

High Fructose Corn Syrup is bad for you !

15. KatAnubis

Yes, it is. But plain corn syrup is more glucose rather than fructose and you can't live without glucose!

16. ManagerJosh

I usually add a bit more butter and cook them slower :p :)

Keyword is a BIT. not a TON. Just a little bit more than what the receipe calls for :)

17. KatAnubis

That will help them keep from drying out. Butter is a good thing (unless you have high cholesterol. I do but I cut so far back on other sources of cholesterol so that I can still have real butter on my bread and pancakes.)

ManagerJosh likes this.
  18. swmeek

I found a really good sugar free maple syrup that I like and it tastes like real maple syrup.
    I'm not diabetic but I don't care for all the HFCS they put in everything nowadays and if I can avoid it I do.
    It's from Maple Grove Farms and I get it at Wal-mart.
    A while back I had a craving for blueberry waffles and this was one of the cheapest brands they carried that wasn't loaded with HFCS and I thought I'd give it a try and I was pleasantly surprised at how well it tasted especially for being sugar free.

19. ManagerJosh

*GASP*!!! :eek::eek::eek: You got that cheap imitation stuff!?!? HOW DARE YOU!!!
    Maple Syrup must be consumed it its 100% All Amber Form!!

not this cheap junk!

20. swmeek

lol but it's really expensive .