Troubleshooting Sims 3 Generations not updating

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Zaughn, May 31, 2011.

1. Zaughn

Zaughn Member

Okay so we get the Sims 3 generations download the game and Error. you need to update your sims3 from 1.19 to 1.22
    there just is no way to updated it through the launcher.. it will tell you that its already updated. there is a manual update available on the sims 3 forums

2. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Well, I got the game yesterday. disc version. updated it to the latest patch, working fine so far.

Did you update it manually?

3. Zaughn

Zaughn Member

all of mine are digital downloads. and i had to manually update it with a link that was provided. for some reason the launcher was not updating using the proper procedures. I had to seek out the solution and download a very large file that I am not sure is even a lagit file beccuase my game doesn't work after updating with it.

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

I picked up mine today but will probably get my patches from Simprograms later as I don't have the EADM installed on my PC.

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

6. Zaughn

Zaughn Member

yeah but my game just crashes :(

7. KatAnubis

If you update the game using that file, it's important that you not have the game, the EADM or the EAManager/Origins running on your computer at the time. Evidently running the update when you have anything else running causes it to fail.

8. Zaughn

Zaughn Member

:( DOH!

9. KatAnubis

I personally wouldn't have thought that having something like the EAManager/Origins running would make a difference, but evidently it does.