What TV Shows do you miss? (and it should be brought back..)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ManagerJosh, Jun 1, 2011.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

What TV show do you miss and that it should be brought back? :)

I miss Veritas: The Quest. It was an awesome series! It was killed too quickly in my humble opinion.

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Firefly was a lot of fun. It would be nice if it would come back.

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Firefly should definitely be brought back!
    But do you bring it back after the events in Serenity or before?
    Like a prequel to Firefly or several years after the movie took place and considering the that was several years ago now it would have to be a much later happening.

4. KatAnubis

I don't think a prequel would be as good since the actors (who I would like to have back) have aged. Probably after Serenity would be best (although I would like some things in that not to have happened.)

5. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Yeah it would be nice to change a few things there.

6. Webmist

Webmist New Member

Boy I could probably name a list and how far back. I've gotten to where I don't watch TV anymore for about 2 years now. About the time they get interesting is when they are cancelled.

Off the top of my head would be Andromeda, Jake and the Fatman, and recently 24 and Knight Rider

ManagerJosh likes this.
  7. Nyx

Nyx The Ever-Knowing

Just recently, Criminal Minds Suspect Behavior. I was starting to look forward to every episode, then they cancel it... (n)

8. KatAnubis

I really like Criminal Minds so I was expecting to like the "Suspect Behavior" too, but that wasn't the case. I tried watching several episodes but I couldn't get engaged with the characters.

Webmist likes this.
  9. Webmist

Webmist New Member

I love Criminal Minds and am so glad JJ is coming back. When they didn't renew her I was going to give Suspect Behavior a chance and just can't get over my dislike of Forest Whitaker. I think if they'd had some 'personality' more on the characters, maybe. I have started watching Hawaii 5-O and like what they are doing with that one.

I say this because I was watching an episode of Criminal Minds on syndicate tv and seen a show that reminded me of a couple of more. :)
    Riptide
    Magnum PI
    Hart to Hart
    Perry Mason
    Now I really know I am dating myself.... sigh Those where the nights I'd spend all night in front of the tv.

10. KatAnubis

One that I wish they'd brought back but the original actors have changed too much for it to be possible is Forever Knight. I really liked that show. It was better than most vampire shows and the characters were great (flawed enough to be interesting and redeemable so they were engaging.)

I really like how they've done Hawaii 5-0 though. I didn't think I'd like it with new actors, but it's novel enough as a concept that it works. It withstood the updating. (I'm not so sure that Magnum PI would do that, as it seemed to be more an actor driven show than an ensemble.)