How Do I How do I get my Sims to dine together at a restaurant?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lorelei92950, Nov 7, 2011.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

After I got Open for Business I opened two restaurants there and noticed that they never put two sims together. So I went in from the opposite end and sent two Sims together to a restaurant. Same thing happened; they were seated at separate tables. When I got Nightlife recently I hoped this would all change due to the dating aspect. So I sent two Sims to a restaurant. You guess it; they were seated at separate tables. I thought a menu asking things like how many in the party? would come up when I clicked on the podium, but no. Anyway, I KNOW some people get seated together because I've read stuff online where they say you can have couples or even a family (if the tables are large enough). Can anyone enlighten me on this?

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Have you formed a group? That's one way of getting them to be together mostly. (Although with larger groups they seat them at more than one table because one table won't hold them all.)

I take it that you got your game to work again. How'd you do it?

3. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Just kept trying to re-install it. I had a friend work me through it all one night via the phone, blut still could not get my Sims back in. So instead of putting the whole EA backup in at one time, I left the default stuff in there and just worked with neighborhood 1. Actually, it was such a nightmare that I've forgotten a lot of the details. lol I should have written it down with every try. I think probably instead of uninstalling everything so I could use Double Deluxe as my main game, I should just have added it an unchecked Sims 2 as something I wanted to add. It offers you the choice. But who knows, some problems I had seem to just disappear the next time and I don't know why. I still could not use Double Deluxe, so I had a version of Nightlife that I was afraid was too old (Win 98 program or earlier) but I decided since I was able to install TS2 on my Windows 7 laptop earlier, might as well give it a shot. So far it's okay. Still have to add Apartment Life, but i'm waiting until I'm sure things are running smoothly with Nightlife.

I have not formed a group yet, I never did well with "groups" in Bon Voyage. The "guests" not from the lot always got left behind at the hotel. Anyway, I'm trying to get a romantic date going for a married couple so I just want the two of them at the table in this case. If I do a group later and they seat them at two tables instead of one, that's okay, happens in real life too :) Just really need two people or parents and two kids to sit together.

4. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I think you have to either do a "group" or a "date" even with a married couple to get them to sit together.