How Do I Any simple way to change colors of furniture?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lorelei92950, Jul 21, 2011.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

There is a lot of furniture I never use because the colors are so awful, is there any (simple) way to change the colors as I do with hair and clothes? Well, the hair is not quite as simple doing clothes, but it's not really hard either. I used the Faylen's Skinning tutorial and the one she has for hair. Anyway, it seems like the furniture would be as easy to do, but of course I'm using "Body Shop" and there seems to be no access to furniture or decorations.

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

You need to use SimPE to change the color of furniture. It's a rather complicated procedure. Unfortunately, I don't have the URLs for SimPE or its tutorials anymore. I don't know if they're still available. I used to do furniture recolor for TS2. It was great fun, although it was a lot of work.

For wallpapers and floors there's a program made by Maxis. I don't know if Homecrafters is still available though. It works much like BodyShop.

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

4. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Yes, Kat, I went to the link swmeek gave; it definitely looks more complicated than I would be comfortable with so probably I won't do it. I was just hoping it was as simple as doing the clothes or hair. Ah, well. Thanks for answering so promptly you two ;)

5. swmeek

I would also take a looksee through Mod The Sims's tutorials if you want, you may find some easy to do tutorials over there.

6. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I learned how to alter color on hair and clothing from her tutorials--they're great :) I'm just scared of all the work in doing furniture and a little scared of SimPE. I have a friend online who may be helping me with SimPE soon though...

7. swmeek

You're talking to a spammer Lorelei!

8. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Um...sorry...I didn't know...did I catch anything? :unsure: I didn't click on any links...it sounded like he was talking about what I'd said but maybe it was more general terms than I realized. What a dummy I am :confused:

9. KatAnubis

Mostly they're trying to get their product into the search engines, so unless you clicked on a link, you're probably not going to have a problem.

10. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Whoa, he was a sneakier spammer than I'm used to; usually they are obvious. If I read that post again I'd probably see he didn't really say anything specific about my previous post. *thunks self on head*

11. swmeek

You can usually tell when it's a spammer cause the links they put up are usually in a light blue type as opposed to a black type like normal.
    And the large majority of them are foreign and their English pretty much sucks because they probably use a online translator that doesn't quite word it like we do.

12. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I've never run into it before on this forum, so I'll pay more attention from now on. Thanks!

13. KatAnubis

We try to remove them as fast as we can. They're a real pain and show up a lot (from a moderator's viewpoint.)