How Do I How do I get bad makeover fixed?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lorelei92950, Aug 24, 2011.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

On of my Sims got a free makeover and I was able to change the horrid hair back to his own by using a mirror as always. Unfortunately he came out of the makeover with not just the bad hair but red lipstick all over his mouth like a clown and weird pink blush on his cheeks which looks even weirder because he has dark skin. I thought I could fix that up at a mirror too, but no. Does it wear off like a sunburn?

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

You need to do the bad makeovers in the beauty salon chair.

3. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Ahhh, are you saying I need to have him come in again and try it again? But how do I get him to wander into the shop again? (Actually I think I tried to at the time to have the hairdresser do him again, but nothing changed). If I send him to her, I won't have control over the makeover at all. I'm not sure the hairdresser even knows him to call him in. I was using the beauty salon chair (ug no more) the first time. When I said I used a mirror I meant I had him go to a mirror after the makeover to try to fix the mess.

4. KatAnubis

The mirror doesn't fix makeup for some reason. If the makeup chair did the mess (which it often does, especially with new operators), you need to do it the same way again. It's best not to have a "free" one if at all possible. It doesn't wear off, unfortunately.

5. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

So I guess my hairdresser can only do townies if I want my regular Sims to look okay? Also I gave them a free one because there seemed to be no way to get them to do buy one. I figured she needed the practice if she was ever to be any good.

6. KatAnubis

Yes, they need loads of practice in order to get good. But without that practice you'll have a lot of clownfaced townies. You should have the option for your Sim to buy a makeover. (It's been a long time since I played TS2 and I didn't play the hairdresser Servos for very long.)

7. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I did have it a couple times but not all the time. Just have to keep working it and keep my favorite Sims outta there!

8. Paulaw

Paulaw New Member

I just had this happen with a make over. I used a mirror and tried different "masks"; I think it is called; where you can paint faces. Not accessories but the other one. I hope this makes sense I am not in the game right now and can't remember what they are called. I remember eyebrows but not the rest. I did get him back to his own face that way.

9. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Really? I tried using the mirror to "change", and was going to try via Dr. Vu's (Wu's?) plastic surgery thingy. However I did not try using the "Masks" (I can't remember the exact word, either! lol) So I will give it a go although the Sim I was referring to got deleted and I've done no more due to fear of ruining my good Simmies. I don't care with the townies.