SimCity Societies Can't start the game after install

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by ljrenoirgirl, Dec 4, 2007.

1. ljrenoirgirl

ljrenoirgirl New Member

Can't start the game after install

I got the game, installed it, ran it for one evening, and now can't get anywhere. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but nothing has changed.

When I try to start via the desktop icon, I get an error message saying "No disc inserted. Please insert the original "SimCity Societies" CD/DVD--even though the disc is in and is visible via "My Computer."

The error message has two buttons: Retry or Cancel. When I click "Retry," the error message refreshed but does not change or vanish until I hit "Cancel."

When I try to start via the disc itself (through My Computer), I get the menu window with buttons for Play, Technical Support (which takes me to a perfectly useless splashpage), Check for Update, Web, View the readme file, Uninstall, and Quit. When I click the "Play", I get the same error message: No disc inserted.

File is installed in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SimCity™ Societies. I am running Windows XP on an IBM/lenovo T61 (Intel Centrino Duo).

$50 wasted? I wouldn't be so confused if I hadn't run it successfully for several hours two nights ago.

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

My suggestion is to uninstall the game and reinstall it to:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SimCity Societies\

Note it is different because it doesn't have the ™ symbol. We've been noticing that people who remove it sometimes gets a vast array of error messages so getting rid of it seems to improve stability a great deal.

3. maki

maki New Member

tried that did not work

4. Gabriel Storm

Gabriel Storm KATANA: StormBringer

Have you tried disabling any and all background programs. Also disable the anti-virus and firewall

5. hardik jain

hardik jain New Member

i haue a fix.I HAVE A COPY DVD OF SIM CITY.FIRSTLY COPY THE SIMCITY FILE WHICH IS IN CRACK FOLDER IN DVD.NOW REMOVE THE DVD AND AFTER REMOVING LAUNCH THE GAME IT WORKS FINE.NOTE-NOT LAUNCH THE GAME BEFORE REMOVING DVD.

6. hardik jain

hardik jain New Member

copy and replace the sim city file in game directory