Troubleshooting TSData/Res/Sound/Pop.package error on Disk 2

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Vincyclopedia, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Vincyclopedia

Vincyclopedia New Member

TSData/Res/Sound/Pop.package error on Disk 2

I just got The Sims 2 for Christmas.

When downloading the Sims 2, on Disk 2, at approximately 49%, the disk tries to download the file "TSData/Res/Sound/Pop.package". After about 1 minute, I get an error saying it couldn't be downloaded from the disk, and I've retried loading it more than once.
    Does anyone have a solution to this problem, maybe? :[

-Vinny, 15, NJ.

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Well I'm not very technical minded, but if you post your entire system specs someone should be able to assist you quicker. Check here if you're not sure how to get your system specs. Then we can check first to see if your system is up to par to be able to handle the installation of the Sims2.

Also; not sure if this will help but check out this thread; this person had a similar problem. Unfortunately they never came back to let us know if they were able to fix it and what exactly helped fix it, but check out the instructions for installing manually.

3. Vincyclopedia

Vincyclopedia New Member

It's not a matter of system requirements, as well as getting the Sims 2 for Christmas, I got a new computer that has every detail needed to play The Sims. That was one of the main reasons I got the computer, it is nothing to do with it. The video card is up to date, I personally don't think that's the problem :(

And as for the other thread, I've attempted to copy the files from each disk to the folders as suggested, but once again when I got to Disk 2, the "compressed" file refused to transfer properly, and eventually I received a "corrupt file" message.

I think I'm just going to return it :[

4. bifflock

bifflock New Member

sims 2 Help !!

when i try to install the sims 2 i get this error on disk 2 of installation TSData/Res/Sound/Pop.package . the file is missing or corrupt. how can get this file

5. june vaughn

june vaughn New Member

can I get some help please