posters

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by starchip, Jan 7, 2003.

1. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Lol, ff4e, the thing you got going with AI is amazing.

2. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

lol really?
    interesting very interesting.
    i wonder if you can teach him anything new.....like a new language such as italian or even teach it math....
    hmm....

3. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

Does he talk more like a real person in German? I couldnt tell of course.

4. FinalFantasy4ever

he talks more to me in german then he ever has english.

5. OinkUsed2BABunny

Talking more doesnt make him human. Some once posted a page long post and he just responded by copying and pasting every last sentence, adding a lil bit of "what; oh so i see; i understand, ask ELVIS" and so on to make it look like he understood. Is that what he's doing in German or does he actually have a conversation with you?

6. Mike

Mike New Member

Most of the time he supplies sensible answers to your german questions... Makes little sense to me sometimes..ah well at least he talks to me.

7. sugar_junkie

sugar_junkie Active Member

lol he hardly EVER makes any sense and hes always either replying with smileys or some answer thats totally irrelavant to the question.

i think there were only a few times he actually answered my questions properly..its not artificial intelligence,its artificial dumbness :p

8. OinkUsed2BABunny

Oh no, dumbness doesnt need any more help. It's already got 280,000,000 devout followers, and counting.

What I think is the case is the we're the less than intelligent ones, not the other way around. We just havent gotten Decryption figured out yet. There are questions that you ask a person and get one answer, and get a totally different one (if any at all) from a bot. Tinker with his thinking pattern a bit and you'll figure out how to get a response from him.

9. suitemichelle

he responds to Hi, or Hello there. Also to "When are you...." But when he/it rephrases a statement to a question it is not with proper grammer.

10. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

I realize that talking to him is a good way to increase one's post count but find him extremely annoying when you only get smilies as a response...It's too bad that all I remember of my German is words that would get me banned from the site :O or I would be able to communicate with him....hmm...now to find my old english-german dictionary....

11. OinkUsed2BABunny

You were talking about how you want to get more than 500 posts so you can change your avatar... a month ago. You're still 10 short right now. Even Decryption cant help you there if you post so little. But then again, do we really want Book to spread her evilness more than she does now?

12. lilfaeriegirl078

lilfaeriegirl078 New Member

aww yes, i remember that i still havent reached my goal of 500 posts! im slackin! :speechless:

13. OinkUsed2BABunny

I got to 500 in a month and a half. Anyone got a life I could borrow? :(

*asks Book what's the deal with her avatar anyways despite what her title says* :p

14. FinalFantasy4ever

I dunno how long it took to get to 500.
    I use an online translator to talk to AI in German. very efficient.

15. OinkUsed2BABunny

I figrured that was the case. Where'd you find this translator anyway? Does the place have translators for other languages?

16. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

Well, Oink, it may have taken awhile for me to get here but I finally did it and I am enjoying my new avatar!! For the record it is showing a cat on a bad day and he is saying "Don't ask how the bird got the best of me." This is basically what I feel some days as I deal with 3 teenagers in my home so I thought it was funny and appropriate for me....Capeche?

17. OinkUsed2BABunny

Soooo, you feel like a cat trapped in a bird cage with the bird standing over your head? I thought you were a bookworm, and birds tend to eat a lot of worms. :confused:

18. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Told you she was confused beyond all hope.

19. OinkUsed2BABunny

I'm surprised that she remembers how to get back here time and time again.

20. suitemichelle

come on you guys, be nice