Seasons - Bad Environment?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by vankate, May 28, 2007.

1. vankate

vankate New Member

Seasons - Bad Environment?

Hi, just a seasons question. Yesterday while I was playing, for no particular reason, the environment score outside in my garden area (I guess that's just outside in general) was red, totally, so much so that my sims refused to garden "many", and would only reluctantly water or tend one plant at a time.

The status wasn't even that bad, I checked for weeds (none), bad newspapers (none), trash (clean), and my garden wasn't even that bad in need of tending. (Course, it got worse the longer they had issues with taking care of it!) Plus, all my orchard trees were healthy.

They usually work at all hours of the day outside tending and watering with no problems. I couldn't figure out what was making the environment score so low, but it was frustrating.

I thought maybe it had something to do with the rain, but even after the rain stopped and the puddles dried out, it was temporarily okay again, then went right back to red. It's not constant, but frequently changing.

What is so bad about the yard that the sims won't garden it, and complain about being out there? Anyone know what is causing this? (Their motive were fine, btw.) :eek:

Thanks!

****EDIT****

I think perhaps it might have been the bugs. :) I dislike greenhouses because I can't see through the walls, it doesn't do the partial wall thing. There were apparently too many bugs, I added about six of those bug houses, and the environment was still red, but he proceeded to tend and water "many" plants again...

2. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

This happened to me as well until I moved the compost bins further away. There are still times when the garden environment is really red, though. It doesn't seem to last.

3. vankate

vankate New Member

Didn't actually have compost bins, but this is definitely an irritating little glitch lol. :)

4. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

Send a pic of your yard.

5. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

Iv noticed my sims dont like it out side after its been hailing,

had it just been hailing when you sent them out?

6. simgurl84

simgurl84 New Member

This exact same thing has happened to me! My sims hate to be outside in the front yard. I have tried putting fountains and the chime thing out there and still their environment is completely red. Since I am not the only one dealing with this it makes me think that it must be a game bug or whatever they call it.

7. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

are you talking about the that thermometer thingy.... I thought that was the sims bodily temperature. so in the red meant that they were to hot to garden,etc....

8. vankate

vankate New Member

I didn't notice if it was hailing, I thought it had just been raining, but yeah, one of those times it seemed to coincide. But then again, it happened without rain too, I believe.

I'm not talking about the sims thermometer for body temperature. What I'm talking about it the green/red motives bar, not the aspiration bar but the one that is farther to the right, next to their needs bars (hunger, fun, energy, etc).

It seemed that when I reluctantly brought him inside since he hated the yard and left to his own devices, my gardener sim chose a lot of "fun" activities, even though his fun meter was full enough from gardening, his motives bar was still ALL the way red. However, talking to his son and playing fun activities seemed to help cure the motives bar relatively quickly.

As for a picture, I didn't take any of the yard while he was having his fit, I was too busy trying to figure out his problem, but if it happens again I'll post one. I do have a picture of the yard in general though, if you want that.

[​IMG]

BTW: This garden was is my first ever garden to recieve a perfect score and a wishing well. :)

9. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

10. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

It's a very nice garden...

11. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

I agree with Michelle. That's a really nice garden you got there, Vankate! My gardens never look like that. I just put a few trees here and there and tadaa! I got myself a 'garden'. :D

12. silver_nitrate

silver_nitrate New Member

Sorry to reply to such an old thread, but I think I found the answer to this!

I was having this problem for ages, my sims would have the lowest environment score possible once they stepped out into the garden, even though it had trees, shrubs, and a POOL, and I was super confused. I did the trick someone else mentioned in another thread of 'cordoning off' areas with fences to locate the region causing the low need, and pinpointed it to a fir tree. Deleted the tree, and suddenly there's a FIRE, in the middle of a clear day. I called the fire brigade and the fire was put out, and the environment needs are back to what they should be!! :D

My best guess was a lightning strike hit the tree days ago, and there was a bug with the fire actually igniting. Then somehow the fire still interacted with the sims' needs, and since fires cause sims environment score to drop to zero, this was happening every time they stepped into the garden.

In any case, super weird bug!