SimCity 4 Screenshot Collection Thread.

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by Helén, Mar 5, 2003.

1. sam_lawrence

sam_lawrence SimCity Moderator

Random downtown:
    [​IMG]

Random small city CBD:
    [​IMG]

Random stampede:
    [​IMG]

Apparently random commute:
    [​IMG]

2. sam_lawrence

A city i've been working on recently (built in a map of San Diego:(

[​IMG]

Am i the only one that wants to post screenshots? :|

3. rbhriuthbu1234

rbhriuthbu1234 New Member

Well, Here is a picture of My biggest city Downtown San Francisco in the region of Location: The region of San Francisco.

Downtown San Francisco
    [​IMG]

4. sam_lawrence

Hey, rbhriuthbu! Welcome to Worldsims!

That's a mighty impressive downtown you got there. Something about it has quite a realistic feel to it. I like the denseness of the low rise buildings amongst the taller ones too.

What's the traffic situation like in that area? Is there much mass transit around? I'd love to see some more pics of that city if you have any :D

5. rbhriuthbu1234

Traffic is horrible in that city, Over half the city is in the red for traffic.

6. sam_lawrence

Heh yeah that seems to happen to me too. Not even subways and or busses seem to fix it - although they do help. It's probably the higher wealth sims that would rather drive.

7. rbhriuthbu1234

You know what I hate about subways the most? It is when your city has gotten big and when you put the subway stations in you can't see where to put them because of all the skyscrapers, I do have alot of busses running through the city though.I think they should let you see totally underground when putting subway stations in.

8. sam_lawrence

I agree with you 100% there. I'm suprised someone hasn't made a mod for that problem... well there's none i've seen anyway. When i'm making a downtown area i'll sometimes plan ahead if i can be bothered, and leave a blank square or two on every block for future mass transit expansions. Sometimes i fill the lots in with plazas until that happens so i don't have empty spots everywhere.

9. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Can't you do into data views and chose zones? Then there's no buildings! :D

10. sam_lawrence

I don't think it's possible to show data views when you're in underground mode. I could be wrong but i'm pretty sure that's the case.

11. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Sorry, I was thinking of bus stops.

12. rbhriuthbu1234

Why did everyone stop posting?

13. sam_lawrence

No idea :p i haven't posted for a while 'cause i've been busy and haven't had much time to play SC4, but just lately i've been working on some cities.. so i might come back and show some pics in the near future.

14. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

developing A CITY

Developing a city
    Hi.
    I know this is not the right forum for this post, but I need help
    I had the game for nearly 8 months now, and I have tried sooo many different ways to build a city. I usually build on the large maps, and have onle once succesfullt created a city with more than 300k. My problems is, that some where along the way suddenly people move out. Their jobs are too far away.
    I normally build industrial cities around the large maps, so the citizens can commute. It works great for along time, until I reach a certain size.
    My question is this: What is - in your opinion - the best way to build the roads(Im thinking about a Washington inspired theme, with big boulevards early on).
    Ive heard some say, that there are buildings available that fills an entire 5x5 square and even bigger. How do I get to them? And if Sam Lawrence sees this post: On the collection thread you have a cool image of a city with huge scyscarpers. Please help me with reaching above the 280- 300k mark.
    P.S. I normally start with low density but rich people moving in. The tax for the rich is 7,4 and for the poor its 10,5. So no poor people in my city.

15. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

I can't help with your zoning and road-laying problems, seeing as you've mentioned quite a few techniques I've yet to master. I'm still following the tried and true SC3 grid layout. :p

As for your HW to LW res. ratio problem, the solution lies in lowering the taxes for LW. I've noticed that, unless the demand is literally off the charts, anything higher than 9.9 will drive off all newcomers and force existing residents to move out.

And if Sam ever comes back, I'd like to see more screenshots, and maybe enter into a mentorship with him so I can learn how to build my road network like his, and maybe create a metropolis of my own.

16. djrules5454

djrules5454 Wiivolutionary

Your problem lies in the fact that you mention nowhere that you have attempted to build a mass transit network. You should try one, as they do work. For instance, I have 11 cities greater than 300k because I have built a few of these, and I'll tell you now that I have had greater success building on medium-sized tiles.

17. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

Ah, good tip. I remember mass transit to be really helpful in SC3, but whenever I put stops or station down, they usually get less than 1% use from the neighborhood. I think the most use any of my bus stops have ever gotten was around 50%, even when it was surrounded by tenements and apartments.

18. collgab

collgab New Member

Hello everyone, well I might as well post some of my Sim City 4 creations here :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Very pretty! Thanks for that, Evenstar. :)

20. djrules5454

djrules5454 Wiivolutionary

Fantastic pictures!On a personal note, I have been without Sim City 4 four almost a year now :eek:.