Argh!! Dumb Ftp!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by nans87, Mar 24, 2003.

1. nans87

nans87 New Member

Argh!! Dumb Ftp!!

ARGH! I have been sitting infront of my computerscreen for about one hour. I've been transferring my website to my new site:

http://www.mylittlehost.com/hosted/annes-sims/

Very nice host!
    Well, all this time I used on the dumb FTP program. It wouldn't work very well. But it's worth it. Don't you think?

Please take a look at my new menu! (may be be working perfectly yet!:( rolleyes:

-Anne
    (Anne's Sims)

2. Tweety

Tweety New Member

You site looks great! I especially liked the wallpapers you've made. Keep up the good work! :)

3. alapokeygirl

alapokeygirl Very much in LOVE

The layout is very nice, keep it up! :classic:

4. nans87

nans87 New Member

Thank you!!
    Please write an e-mail if you have any requests for wallpaper. floor, skins and so on...
    -Anne.

5. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Looks like a good start! And you menu is working fine for me. :)

6. nans87

nans87 New Member

thank you!
    hey I just made Sarah Michelle Geller and a new David Beckham. Skins will be uploaded soon.
    Nice to hear from you guys!

-Anne.

7. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I've found when you use the perfect FTP program, things go smoothly

http://www.ipswitch.com

I highly recommend WS_FTP Pro with 128bit encryption.

8. nans87

nans87 New Member

thanks.
    I have used different FTP programs.
    I'm using WS_FTP Pro right now. I like it. But I just don't want to pay for the full version.

9. lworley

lworley New Member

128 bit encryption haha *cough* josh ftp doesn't support encryption the protocol stack can only handle ascii at best so passwords etc are sent in a txt file :) unless you're talking about sftp (guess what the s stands for) :chuckle:

10. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Dunno luke...but it offers the encryption feature. I think it might be for SSH feature inside WS_FTP Pro.

And nans...well worth it :)

I pay for the upgrades and stuff and don't really have any regrets...except my wallet seems to regret itself every so often...

11. nans87

nans87 New Member

oh well I don't know. There are also many free FTP programs out there, so I may be using them in the first place. Thanks for your advice